- CRYSTAL QUEST® Whole House Fluoride 2.0 Water Filter System Features:
- Fluoride (F+) is a common constituent of many minerals. Municipal water treatment plants commonly add fluoride to the water for prevention of tooth decay, and they try to maintain a level of 1.5 - 2.5 mg/l. Concentrations above 5 mg/l are detrimental to tooth structure. High concentrations are contained in waste water from the manufacture of glass and steel, as well as from foundry operations. Organic fluorine is present in vegetables, fruits, and nuts. Inorganic fluorine, under the name of sodium fluoride, is a waste product of aluminum and is used in some rat poisons. The MCL established for drinking water by the US EPA is 4 mg/l.
- It features 3 stages of filtration. In the first stage, water flows through a 20" sediment filter cartridge that removes sediment, silt, sand and dirt which also extends the life of water softeners and water filters and prevents damage to control valves or pumps. In the second stage, water flows through a fluoride reducing mineral tank. Finally, in the third stage, water flows through a 20" solid carbon cartridge that removes volatile organic carbon compounds (VOC's, insecticides, pesticides and industrial solvents).
- CRYSTAL QUEST® Whole House Fluoride 2.0 Water Filter System also features: a Poly Glass™ mineral tank, Riser style 1" internal flow distributor, a solid state microprocessor with LED display Electronics control valve, Chrome sleeve/jacket - Polyester fiberglass tank and a 3/4" or 1" Stainless Steel Bypass Valve.
- CRYSTAL QUEST® Whole House Fluoride 2.0 Water Filter System Contaminant Reduction:
- Removes fluoride, lead, and arsenic.
- Reduces silt, sediment, cyst (Giardia, Cryptosporidium), sand, rust, dirt, and other undissolved matter.
- Removes volatile organic carbon compounds (VOC's), insecticides, pesticides and industrial solvents.
- CRYSTAL QUEST® Whole HouseFluoride 2.0 Water Filter System Specs:
- Design flow rate: 13 gpm
- Maximum temperature: 100°F (38°C)
- Minimum temperature: 40°F (5°C)
- Maximum pressure: 125 psi (8.6 bar)
- Minimum pressure: 20 psi (1.4 bar)
- End Caps: Polypropylene
- Inner/Outer Wraps: Polyolefin
- Netting: Polyethylene
- Gaskets: Buna-N
- Manufacturer: Crystal Quest CQE-WH-01164
The CRYSTAL QUEST® Whole House Fluoride 2.0 Water Filter System is also known by the following part numbers: