- CRYSTAL QUEST® Whole House Multi/Manganese, Iron, Hydrogen Sulfide 1.5 Water Filter System Features:
- CRYSTAL QUEST® Whole House manganese, iron and hydrogen sulfide water filters contain naturally mined ore of manganese dioxide, which has been used in water treatment for more than 75 years for hydrogen sulfide, iron and manganese reduction. It functions as a catalyst, but itself remains relatively unchanged. It works on a principle whereby the hydrogen sulfide, iron and manganese are oxidized and trapped on the media. Simple backwashing cleans the filter. No regeneration is required. Nothing is imparted into the drinking water and it has a high capacity for low contaminant concentrations, and can be used in conjunction with aeration, chlorination, ozone or other pretreatment methods for difficult applications. Chlorine or other oxidants accelerate the catalytic reaction.
- All Whole House Manganese, Iron, Hydrogen Sulfide Water Filters include the following: 10 year Warranty on resin tank and brine tank assembly, 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, 5 year warranty on all Computer Monitored control valves, Low voltage transformer, and a Bypass valve.
- It travels through 6 stages of filtration. In Stage 1, water flows through a 20" sediment filter cartridge that removes sediment, silt, sand and dirt. It also extends the life of water softener, water filters, and prevents damage to control valves or pumps. In stages 2, 3, and 4, water flows through a KDF-85, KDF-55, and GAC mineral tank which removes hundreds of contaminations. Next in the fifth stage, water flows through a manganese, iron and hydrogen sulfide removing media mineral tank, which efficiently removes manganese, iron and hydrogen sulfide. Finally, in the sixth stage, water flows through a 20" solid carbon cartridge for removing volatile organic carbon compounds (VOC's), insecticides, pesticides and industrial solvents.
- CRYSTAL QUEST® Whole House Multi/Manganese, Iron, Hydrogen Sulfide 1.5 Water Filter System also features: a Poly Glass™ mineral tank filled with manganese, iron and hydrogen sulfide reducing media and a brine water conditioner and with REDOX and GAC, Riser style 1" internal flow distributor, a solid state microprocessor with LED display Electronics control valve, Chrome sleeve/jacket, Polyester fiberglass tank and a 3/4" or 1" Stainless Steel Bypass Valve.
- CRYSTAL QUEST® Whole House Multi/Manganese, Iron, Hydrogen Sulfide 1.5 Water Filter System Contaminant Reduction:
- Removes both ferric (oxidized) and ferrous (clear) iron, Hydrogen sulfide (rotten egg odor) and manganese.
- Reduces silt, sediment, cyst (Giardia, Cryptosporidium), sand, rust, dirt, and other undissolved matter.
- Removes volatile organic carbon compounds (VOC's), insecticides, pesticides and industrial solvents.
- Heavy metals such as lead, mercury, copper, nickel, chromium, cadmium, aluminum, and other dissolved metals are removed from the water by the electrochemical process. They are attracted to the surface of the media, much like a magnet.
- CRYSTAL QUEST® Whole House Multi/Manganese, Iron, Hydrogen Sulfide 1.5 Water Filter System Specs:
- Capacity: 750,000 gallons
- Design flow rate: 11 gpm
- Maximum temperature: 100°F (38°C)
- Minimum temperature: 40°F (5°C)
- Maximum pressure: 125 psi (8.6 bar)
- Minimum pressure: 20 psi (1.4 bar)
- End Caps: Polypropylene
- Inner/Outer Wraps: Polyolefin
- Netting: Polyethylene
- Gaskets: Buna-N
- Manufacturer: Crystal Quest CQE-WH-01199