- CRYSTAL QUEST® Whole House Multi/Iron, Manganese 1.5 Water Filter System (Stainless Steel) Features:
- CRYSTAL QUEST® Whole House Iron and Manganese Water Filters efficiently remove remove up to 10 ppm of both ferric (oxidized) and ferrous (clear) iron and 5 ppm of manganese. The media filter is an aluminum silicate media coated with manganese dioxide. This coating is highly concentrated with oxygen and acts as an insoluble catalyst to enhance the reaction between dissolved oxygen and the the iron compounds. In essence, the dissolved iron is oxidized at the surface of the media into a rust particle that can be effectively filtered from the water. The precipitated iron and manganese can then be easily removed from the system during backwash. No chemical regeneration is required and nothing is imparted into the drinking water. For the filter to effectively remove iron, the pH of the raw water must be greater than 6.8. If both Iron and Manganese are present, the pH should be between 7.5 and 8.5. For Manganese removal the pH should be between 8.0 and 9.0 for best results. Operated under proper conditions, the filter media filter requires no chemical for maintenance and regeneration is not required. Iron removal efficiency is extremely high, with only periodic backwashing required. The filter media is a durable material with a long life and a wide temperature range.
- All Whole House Iron, Manganese Water Filters include the following: 10 year Warranty on resin tank and brine tank assembly, 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, 5 year warranty on all Computer Monitored control valves, Low voltage transformer, and a bypass valve.
- It travels through 6 stages of filtration. In Stage 1, water flows through a 20" sediment filter cartridge that removes sediment, silt, sand and dirt. It also extends the life of water softener, water filters, and prevents damage to control valves or pumps. In stages 2, 3, and 4, water flows through a KDF-85, KDF-55, and GAC mineral tank which removes hundreds of contaminations. Next in the fifth stage, water flows through an iron and manganese removing media mineral tank, which efficiently removes iron and manganese. Finally, in the sixth stage, water flows through a 20" solid carbon cartridge for removing volatile organic carbon compounds (VOC's), insecticides, pesticides and industrial solvents.
- CRYSTAL QUEST® Whole House Multi/Iron, Manganese 1.5 Water Filter System (Stainless Steel) also features: Solid 316-Stainless Steel Tanks: heavy-duty, burst-proof construction for long time filled with iron and manganese reducing media and a brine water conditioner and with REDOX and GAC, Riser style 1" internal flow distributor, a solid state microprocessor with LED display Electronics control valve, Chrome sleeve/jacket - Polyester fiberglass tank and a 3/4" or 1" Stainless Steel Bypass Valve.
- CRYSTAL QUEST® Whole House Multi/Iron, Manganese 1.5 Water Filter System (Stainless Steel) Contaminant Reduction:
- Removes both ferric (oxidized) and ferrous (clear) iron and manganese.
- Reduces silt, sediment, cyst (Giardia, Cryptosporidium), sand, rust, dirt, and other undissolved matter.
- Removes volatile organic carbon compounds (VOC's), insecticides, pesticides and industrial solvents.
- Heavy metals such as lead, mercury, copper, nickel, chromium, cadmium, aluminum, and other dissolved metals are removed from the water by the electrochemical process. They are attracted to the surface of the media, much like a magnet.
- CRYSTAL QUEST® Whole House Multi/Iron, Manganese 1.5 Water Filter System (Stainless Steel) Specs:
- Capacity: 750,000 gallons
- Design flow rate: 11 gpm
- Backwash flow rate: 5.5 gpm
- Maximum temperature: 100°F (38°C)
- Minimum temperature: 40°F (5°C)
- Maximum pressure: 125 psi (8.6 bar)
- Minimum pressure: 20 psi (1.4 bar)
- End Caps: Polypropylene
- Inner/Outer Wraps: Polyolefin
- Netting: Polyethylene
- Gaskets: Buna-N
- Manufacturer: Crystal Quest CQE-WH-01233