- CRYSTAL QUEST® Whole House Acid Neutralizing 2.0 Water Filter System (Stainless Steel) Features:
- CRYSTAL QUEST® Whole House Acid Neutralizing Water Filters contain naturally occurring, crushed and screened white marble, calcium carbonate media. It is used to neutralize acidic or low pH waters to a neutral, less corrosive effluent. Acidic water can leach unhealthy levels of copper from pipes and cause greenish-blue stains on fixtures. It can cause many other corrosion problems as well and drastically shorten the life of all water using equipment, including dishwashers, washing machines, hot water heaters as well as fixtures. When acid pH water (below 6.8) is passed through the filter, calcium carbonate is slowly dissolved into the water, increasing the pH to a neutral level. An automatic backwashing cleans the bed and prevents compaction. will normally last approximately 3 years. The media slowly dissolves over time and will need to be refilled about every 2-3 years, depending on the amount of water you use, and the pH of your raw water entering the unit.
- It travels through 3 stages of filtration. In Stage 1, water flows through a 20" sediment filter cartridge that removes sediment, silt, sand and dirt. It also extends the life of water softener, water filters, and prevents damage to control valves or pumps. Next, water flows through an acid neutralizing filter media mineral tank. Finally, in the third stage, water flows through a 20" solid carbon cartridge for removing volatile organic carbon compounds (VOC's), insecticides, pesticides and industrial solvents.
- CRYSTAL QUEST® Whole House Acid Neutralizing 2.0 Water Filter System (Stainless Steel) also features: Solid 316-Stainless Steel Tanks: heavy-duty, burst-proof construction for long time filled with high capacity ion exchange resin and with Fluoride reducing media, Brine exchange mineral tank, Riser style 1" internal flow distributor, a solid state microprocessor with LED display Electronics control valve and a 3/4" or 1" Stainless Steel Bypass Valve.
- CRYSTAL QUEST® Whole House Acid Neutralizing 2.0 Water Filter System (Stainless Steel) Contaminant Reduction:
- Removes copper, lead and other metals found in typical plumbing systems.
- Reduces silt, sediment, cyst (Giardia, Cryptosporidium), sand, rust, dirt, and other undissolved matter.
- Removes volatile organic carbon compounds (VOC's), insecticides, pesticides and industrial solvents.
- CRYSTAL QUEST® Whole House Acid Neutralizing 2.0 Water Filter System (Stainless Steel) Specs:
- Design flow rate: 11 gpm
- Maximum temperature: 100°F (38°C)
- Minimum temperature: 40°F (5°C)
- Maximum pressure: 125 psi (8.6 bar)
- Minimum pressure: 20 psi (1.4 bar)
- End Caps: Polypropylene
- Inner/Outer Wraps: Polyolefin
- Netting: Polyethylene
- Gaskets: Buna-N
- Manufacturer: Crystal Quest CQE-WH-01246