Product cannot ship to California, Iowa, Massachusetts, or Wisconsin
- Doulton W9120562 Sterasyl S Ceramic Filter Candle:
- The Doulton W9120562 Sterasyl S Ceramic Filter candle is a self-sterilizing filter that can be re-used over and over again to provide absolute micron filtration down to .9 microns, at an economical price.
- The Doulton W9120562 Sterasyl candle filter has and (S) type thread mount and fits in HIP/HCP/HIS filter housings.
- The Doulton W9120562 Hollow Core 10" Candle Filter features a Sterasyl ceramic outer shell with no core.
- The Doulton 10" Sterasyl ceramic shell is silver impregnated ceramic. The incorporation of silver locked within the ceramic structure inhibits the growth of bacteria and gives each cartridge enhanced bacteriostatic and self-sterilizing properties.
- Doulton Sterasyl Ceramic Filter W9120562 is ideal for RO guard and post filtration and complimentary to UV systems.
- The Doulton Sterasyl W9120562 Ceramic Filter Candle is NSF Certified for Standards 42 & 53.
- Doulton W9120563 Sterasyl S Ceramic Water Filter Candle Contaminant Reduction:
- Absolute filtration rating (defined as > 99.99%): 0.9 micron
- Nominal filtration rating (defined as > 99.9%): 0.5 - 0.8 micron
- E.coli Bacteria: > 99.99% removal
- Vibrio Cholera Bacteria: > 99.99% removal
- Shigella Bacteria: > 99.99% removal
- Salmonella Typhi Bacteria: > 99.99% removal
- Klebsiella Terrigena Bacteria: > 99.99% removal
- Cryptosporidium: > 99.99% Cyst removal
- Giardia: > 99.99% Cyst removal
- Doulton W9120562 Sterasyl Ceramic Filter Candle Specs:
- Dimensions: 9.75" (248 mm) long X 2" Diameter
- Micron Rating: 0.9 micron
- Working temperature range: 41ºF (5ºC) - 100ºF (38ºC)
- Working pH range: 5.5 - 9.5 F
- Certifications: NSF 42, NSF 53
- Minimum working pressure: 10 psi
- Maximum working pressure: 125 psi
- Flow rate: 1.33 gpm
- Recommended cleaning frequency: when flow rate is noticeably lower
- Capacity: 2600 gallons
- Manufacturer: Doulton W9120562
- Doulton W9120562 Sterasyl Ceramic Filter Candle:
- Doulton W9120562 Sterasyl S 10" Filter Candle fits HIP/HCP/HIS filter housings.
- Doulton W9120562 Sterasyl Ceramic Filter Candle Maintenance:
- The ceramic shell of the water filter is designed to filter fine particles, bacteria and other contaminants from your water. In doing so, the outside of the ceramic shell can eventually need cleaning which will become evident when water flow from the filter becomes reduced. When this occurs, simply remove, clean and replace the cartridge as follows:
- 1st: Wash your hands with filtered water.
- 2nd: Remove the ceramic cartridge according to the instructions of your particular filter housing (Handle with care. Wet cartridges are fragile!)
- 3rd: Take a clean scouring pad, or slightly abrasive cloth, and give the ceramic a light scrub under running water. Apply gentle pressure uniformly, take care that the cleaning of the ceramic is not concentrated in one area. This will remove surface particles from the water filter as well as an outer layer of ceramic, restoring and refreshing the water filter to it's original water flow.
- 4th: Replace cartridge in filter housing.
- 5th: Wash hands thoroughly after handling the ceramic cartridge.
- Cleaning can be done over 50 times before replacement of the water filter cartridge will be necessary.