Product cannot ship to California, Iowa, Massachusetts, or Wisconsin
- Doulton W9121021 SuperCarb 10" Ceramic Filter:
- Doulton “SuperCarb" elements are open on both ends and designed to fit in most “Industry Standard” 10 inch housings.
- The Doulton W9121021 Ceramic Filter has a Sterasyl ceramic outer shell with a carbon block core.
- The Doulton Supercarb 10"Ceramic Filter is a self-sterilizing filter that can be re-used over and over again to provide absolute micron filtration down to .9 microns, at an economical price.
- The Doulton SuperCarb W9121021 is a three stage cartridge combining the highly efficient properties of ceramic with the enhanced water treatment properties of activated carbon.
- First Stage: The first stage consists of Doulton SuperCarb ceramic which is manufactured to provide genuine sub micron filtration. The cartridge reduces fine particulate matter, bacteria, cysts and turbidity.
- Second Stage: The incorporation of silver locked within the ceramic structure inhibits the growth of bacteria and gives enhanced bacteriostatic and self sterilizing properties.
- Third Stage: An inner core of Activated carbon block which removes chlorine, VOC's and industrial solvents.
- The Doulton SuperCarb ceramic shell is silver impregnated ceramic. The incorporation of silver locked within the ceramic structure inhibits the growth of bacteria and gives each cartridge enhanced bacteriostatic and self-sterilizing properties.
- Doulton Super Carb Ceramic Filter W9121021 is ideal for RO guard and post filtration and complimentary to UV systems.
- Doulton W9121021 Super Carb Ceramic Water Filter Contaminant Reduction:
- Absolute filtration rating (defined as > 99.99%): 0.9 micron
- Nominal filtration rating (defined as > 99.9%): 0.5 - 0.8 micron
- E.coli Bacteria: > 99.99% removal
- Vibrio Cholera Bacteria: > 99.99% removal
- Shigella Bacteria: > 99.999% removal
- Salmonella Typhi Bacteria: > 99.999% removal
- Klebsiella Terrigena Bacteria: > 99.99% removal
- Cryptosporidium: > 99.999% Cyst removal
- Giardia: > 99.999% Cyst removal
- Doulton W9121021 SuperCarb Ceramic Filter Specs:
- Dimensions: 9.75" (248 mm) long X 2" (72 mm) Diameter
- Micron Rating: 0.9 micron
- Working temperature range: 41ºF (5ºC) - 100ºF (38ºC)
- Working pH range: 5.5 - 9.5 F
- Minimum working pressure: 10 psi
- Maximum working pressure: 125 psi
- Unrestricted Flow at 3 bar pressure: 1 gpm or 3.7 Lpm
- To achieve maximum flow rate performance: 0.53 gpm or 1.9 Lpm
- Filter Core Media: Carbon Block
- Recommended cleaning frequency: when flow rate is noticeably lower
- Manufacturer: Doulton W9121021
- Doulton W9121021 SuperCarb Ceramic Filter:
- Doulton W9121021 10" water filter fits in standard 10" Slimline filter housings.
- Doulton W9121021 SuperCarb Ceramic Filter Maintenance:
- The ceramic shell of the water filter is designed to filter fine particles, bacteria and other contaminants from your water. In doing so, the outside of the ceramic shell can eventually need cleaning which will become evident when water flow from the filter becomes reduced. When this occurs, simply remove, clean and replace the cartridge as follows:
- 1st: Wash your hands with filtered water.
- 2nd: Remove the ceramic cartridge according to the instructions of your particular filter housing (Handle with care. Wet cartridges are fragile!)
- 3rd: Take a clean scouring pad, or slightly abrasive cloth, and give the ceramic a light scrub under running water. Apply gentle pressure uniformly, take care that the cleaning of the ceramic is not concentrated in one area. This will remove surface particles from the water filter as well as an outer layer of ceramic, restoring and refreshing the water filter to it's original water flow.
- 4th: Replace cartridge in filter housing.
- 5th: Wash hands thoroughly after handling the ceramic cartridge.
- Cleaning can be done over 50 times before replacement of the water filter cartridge will be necessary.
- Recommended Change Frequency is 6 months.