- Pentek 150071 Whole House Water Filter Housing:
- The Pentek 150071 Whole House Sediment Water Filter extends the life of household appliances such as washing machines, hot water heaters, dishwashers, water softeners, and other fixtures by reducing dirt, sand, and silt out of household plumbing lines.
- The Pentek 150071 is quick and easy to install with a clear housing for monitoring the water filter cartridge.
- The Pentek 150071 has an integrated pressure relief valve for easy cartridge changes.
- 3/4-inch inlet/outlet for installation on main cold water line.
- The dynamically sealing, self-cleaning o-ring prevents leaks and clogging.
- The Pentek 150071 is the same as the Culligan 150389, Culligan HF-160, Pentek 150435, Pentek 150072 w/o pressure release, Pentek 150436 w/o pressure release, American Plumber WC34-PR, and Ametek PSCL-00 filter housings.
- The Pentek 150071 is the same as the Culligan HF-360 except the Culligan HF-360 has advanced Valve-In-Head technology. The Valve in Head turns the water supply off for easy cartridge change-outs.
- The Pentek 150071 water filter housing can use the SW-2 wrench and the UB-1 bracket. These items are sold separately.
- Connecting two #10 Standard Housings:
- Two #10 Standard housings can be connected with a pipe nipple or pipe union. There are several pipe nipples available that can be used to connect two #10 Standard Housings. See all combinations of pipe nipple options here.
- NP-34 - Use this pipe nipple to connect two #10 Housings with 3/4" Inlet/Outlets
- Pentek 150071 Clear Housing Materials of Construction:
- Housing: Styrene Acrylonitrile (Clear)
- Cap: Reinforced Polypropylene
- O-Ring: Buna-N
- Button Assembly: 300-series Stainless Steel, EPDM, and Polypropylene
- Manufacturer: Pentek 150071
- Pentek 150071 Whole House Replacement Water Filter Information:
- The water filter cartridge is not included with the housing. This allows you to purchase the best water filter for your water supply.
- The water filter cartridge life depends on the water filter cartridge purchased, the quality of your water, and the amount of water used. You will know when to change the filter cartridge when your water pressure drops.
- Sediment water filters reduce dirt, sand, silt, sediment, rust particles, and scale particles. Choose from one of our sediment water filters at the 10" L x 2.5" W Standard Filter Page.
- Drinking water filters produce healthier, better-tasting drinking water by reducing chlorine taste and odor and other contaminants. Choose from one of our carbon drinking water filters at the 10" L x 2.5" W Standard Filter Page.
- Most Popular Water Filters for the Pentek 150071 Whole House Housing:
- Sediment Filters:
P5 5 Micron Sediment Filter
ECP5-10 5 Micron Pleated Filter (Recommended for chlorinated water only)
- Carbon Filters:
CBC-10 0.5 Micron Chlorine Taste & Odor and Cyst Reduction Carbon Block Filter
GAC-10 20 Micron Chlorine Taste & Odor Reduction Filter
- Recommended Parts & Accessories:
- Replacement OR-34 O-Rings. One o-ring is included with the housing purchase, but you should replace the o-ring periodically to prevent leaks.
- Use silicone grease to lubricate the o-rings to prevent leaking.
- Use the SW-2 housing wrench to remove the sump. The wrench should NOT be used to tighten the sump back onto the cap. Over tightening may cause damage to the o-ring. The SW-2 wrench is not included with the Pentek 150071 purchase.
- Use a single UB-1 stainless steel mounting bracket to mount the whole house housing.
- Pentek 150071 Whole House Housing Installation Information:
- 3/4" inlet/outlet for easy installation on a cold water line.
- A UB-1 mounting bracket is recommended for installation of the Pentek 150071 whole house housing.
- NOTE: When installed, protect housing against freezing to prevent cracking of the filter and water leakage.