- Culligan RFC-BB Water Filter:
- Nominal 70 micron Radial Flow Carbon Water Filter Cartridges
- The Culligan RFC-BBS filters produce healthier, better-tasting drinking water.
- The Culligan RFC-BBSA water filters provide effective chlorine taste & odor reduction (based on manufacturer's internal testing).
- The Culligan RFC-BB unique design reduces carbon fines in filtered water.
- Culligan RFC-BB cartridges are constructed with a 70-micron porous polyethylene outer shell and durable polypropylene end caps. The 2-3/4" OD cartridges have a polypropylene core and the 4-1/2" OD cartridges incorporate a spun polypropylene core. Sandwiched between the outer shell and the core is a bed of granular activated carbon (GAC).
- The Culligan RFC-BB replacement cartridge unique radial flow design offers the benefits of granular activated carbon (GAC) filtration, such as low pressure drop, while at the same time significantly reducing the release of carbon fines commonly associated with GAC style cartridges.
- Culligan RFC-BB water filter cartridges are ideal for point-of-entry (POE) and other high flow rate applications.
- NOTE: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.
- NOTE: The granular activated carbon cartridges will contain a very small amount of carbon fines (very fine black powder). After installation, a new cartridge should be flushed with sufficient water to remove all traces of the fines from your water system before using the water. Each time you use your filtered water tap for drinking or cooking purposes it is recommended that you run (flush) the tap for at least 20 seconds prior to using water. This is particularly important if the water tap has not been used daily.
- Bad Taste and Odor
- Coarse Sand
- Fine Sand
- Culligan RFC-BB Radial Flow Carbon Water Filter Cartridge Specs:
- Dimensions: 9-3/4" x 4-1/2" (248 mm x 114 mm)
- Micron Rating (Nominal): 70
- Temperature Rating: 40°F to 125°F (4.4° C to 51.7°C)
- Initial ∆P (psi) @ Flow Rate (gpm):
0.90 psi @ 2 gpm (0.06 bar @ 7.6 L/min)
- Chlorine Taste & Odor Reduction @ Flow Rate (gpm):
>35,000 gallons @ 2 gpm (>132,500 liters @ 7.6 L/min)
- Overall Filter Rating: 5,000 Gallons for reduction of sediment, sand, silt, rust, scale, and chlorine taste and odor
- Culligan RFC-BB Filter Materials of Construction:
- Filter Media: Granular Activated Carbon
- End Caps: Polypropylene
- Outer Shell: Polyethylene
- Gasket: Buna-N
- Inner Wraps/Core: Polypropylene
- Manufacturer: Culligan 1020705
- Water Filter Housings for the Culligan RFC-BBSA water filters:
- 155141 Culligan RFC-BB filter fits in housings for 10 inch Big Blue water filters.
- Fits in Culligan / USFilter / Ametek 10" Big Blue Whole House Water Filter System
- Fits in Culligan HD-950 Big Blue Whole House Water Filter System
- Culligan RFC-BB Filter Is Compatible With:
- Whirlpool 149016 Filters
- Whirlpool WHCF-WHPCBB Filters
- Whirlpool WHCFWHPCBB Filters
- Whirlpool WHEF-WHPCBB Filters
- Whirlpool WHEFWHPCBB Filters