- Ametek / Pentek RFC-20 Water Filter Cartridge:
- The Pentek RFC-20 filter is a nominal 70 micron Radial Flow Carbon Water Filter Cartridge.
- The Pentek RFC-20 water filter cartridges produce healthier, better-tasting drinking water.
- The Pentek RFC-20 water filters provide effective chlorine taste & odor reduction (based on manufacturer's internal testing).
- The unique design of the Pentek RFC-20 reduces carbon fines in filtered water.
- Ametek RFC-20 radial flow carbon cartridges are constructed with a 70-micron porous polyethylene outer shell and durable polypropylene end caps. The 2-3/4" OD cartridges have a polypropylene core and the 4-1/2" OD cartridges incorporate a spun polypropylene core. Sandwiched between the outer shell and the core is a bed of granular activated carbon (GAC).
- The unique radial flow design offers the benefits of granular activated carbon (GAC) filtration, such as low pressure drop, while at the same time significantly reducing the release of carbon fines commonly associated with GAC style cartridges.
- The Pentek RFC20 water filter cartridges are ideal point-of-entry (POE) and other high flow rate applications.
- NOTE: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.
- NOTE: The granular activated carbon cartridges will contain a very small amount of carbon fines (very fine black powder). After installation, a new cartridge should be flushed with sufficient water to remove all traces of the fines from your water system before using the water. Each time you use your filtered water tap for drinking or cooking purposes it is recommended that you run (flush) the tap for at least 20 seconds prior to using water. This is particularly important if the water tap has not been used daily.
- Bad Taste and Odor
- Pentek RFC-20 Radial Flow Carbon Water Filter Cartridge Specs:
- Dimensions: 20" x 2-3/4" (508 mm x 70 mm)
- Micron Rating (Nominal): 70
- Temperature Rating: 40°F to 125°F (4.4° C to 51.7°C)
- Initial ∆P (psi) @ Flow Rate (gpm):
0.60 psi @ 2 gpm (0.04 bar @ 7.6 L/min)
- Chlorine Taste & Odor Reduction @ Flow Rate (gpm):
>6,000 gallons @ 2 gpm (22,700 liters @ 7.6 L/min)
- Pentek RFC20 Water Filter Materials of Construction:
- Filter Media: Granular Activated Carbon
- End Caps: Polypropylene
- Outer Shell: Polyethylene
- Gasket: Buna-N
- Inner Wraps/Core: Polypropylene
- Manufacturer: Pentek 155065-43
- Water Filter Housings for the Pentek RFC-20 water filters:
- 155065 Pentek RFC-20 filter fits in housings for 20 inch water filters.
- Culligan / USFilter / Ametek / Pentek 20" Standard Whole House Water Filter System