- Trojan UVMAX C4 Ultraviolet System Features:
- See this informative document. UV Systems: What They Are, & What They Do.
- The Trojan UVMAX C4 generates UV light from a low-pressure, high-output lamp.
- UVMAX systems are equipped with audio and visual signals as a reminder to replace the lamp yearly, and to alert the user of a system failure.
- Trojan UVMAX C4 systems have simple operation, limited maintenance and easy installation.
- The UVMAX C4 system produces ultraviolet light that eliminates waterborne pathogens by penetrating the cell wall of bacteria and viruses, deactivating the DNA, and destroying the cells ability to reproduce.
- To ensure that an adequate dose of UV light reaches the microorganisms and ensure complete disinfection, the water must be pre-treated to meet or exceed the following guidelines. Iron: < 0.3 ppm(0.3 mg/L), Manganese: < 0.05 ppm(0.05 mg/L), Turbidity: < 1 NTU, Hardness: < 7 gpg(120 mg/L), Tannins: < 0.1 ppm(0.1 mg/L)
- The Trojan UVMAX C4 Ultraviolet System does not effect the taste, color, or odor of the water.
- Trojan UVMAX C4 Ultraviolet System Contaminant Inactivation:
- Effectively Inactivates Cholera, Dysentary, E. Coli, Legionella, Salmonella, Poliovirus, Hepatitus A, Giardia lamblia, and Cryptosporidium
- Inactivation occurs when UV light penetrates and permanently alters the DNA of the microorganisms in a process called thymine dimerization. The microorganisms are “inactivated” and rendered unable to reproduce or infect.
- Trojan UVMAX C4 Ultraviolet System Specs:
- Chamber Dimensions: 20.5" x 4" (52 x 10cm)
- Power Supply Dimensions: 8.5" x 6" (22 x 15cm)
- Voltage: 100 AC
- Frequency: 50-60 Hz
- Max. Current: 0.5Amp
- Max. Power Consumption: 50 Watts
- Lamp Power: 40 Watts
- UV Sleeve Material: Quartz
- Flow Rate: 7-16 GPM (26-60 LPM)
- Water Chamber Material: 304 SST
- Inlet/Outlet: 3/4" NPT
- Operating Perameters:
- Iron: <0.3 ppm
- Hardness: <120 ppm (7 GPG)
- UV Transmittance: >75%
- Max Working Pressure: 125 psi
- No Tools Maintenance
- Constant Current Electronic Power Supply
- Safety Cap and Special Lamp Plug
- Lamp Operation Indicator
- Reference Card
- Manufacturer: Trojan UV Max 650692
- Trojan UVMAX C4 Ultraviolet System Maintenance
- Replace UV Bulbs and O-Rings every 12 months.
- Clean quartz sleeve regularly. Replace if extremely fouled or broken.