- Trojan UVMAX D4 Plus Ultraviolet System Features:
- See this informative document. UV Systems: What They Are, & What They Do.
- The Trojan UVMAX D4 Plus generates UV light from a low-pressure, high-output lamp.
- UVMAX systems are equipped with audio and visual signals as a reminder to replace the lamp yearly, and to alert the user of a system failure.
- Trojan UVMAX D4 Plus systems have simple operation, limited maintenance and easy installation.
- The UVMAX D4 Plus system produces ultraviolet light that eliminates waterborne pathogens by penetrating the cell wall of bacteria and viruses, deactivating the DNA, and destroying the cells ability to reproduce.
- To ensure that an adequate dose of UV light reaches the microorganisms and ensure complete disinfection, the water must be pre-treated to meet or exceed the following guidelines. Iron: < 0.3 ppm(0.3 mg/L), Manganese: < 0.05 ppm(0.05 mg/L), Turbidity: < 1 NTU, Hardness: < 7 gpg(120 mg/L), Tannins: < 0.1 ppm(0.1 mg/L)
- The Trojan UVMAX Plus D4 Ultraviolet System does not effect the taste, color, or odor of the water.
- Trojan UVMAX D4 Plus Ultraviolet System Contaminant Inactivation:
- Effectively Inactivates Cholera, Dysentary, E. Coli, Legionella, Salmonella, Poliovirus, Hepatitus A, Giardia lamblia, and Cryptosporidium
- Inactivation occurs when UV light penetrates and permanently alters the DNA of the microorganisms in a process called thymine dimerization. The microorganisms are “inactivated” and rendered unable to reproduce or infect.
- Trojan UVMAX D4 Plus Ultraviolet System Specs:
- Chamber Dimensions: 20.5" x 4" (52 x 10cm)
- Power Supply Dimensions: 8.5" x 6" (22 x 15cm)
- Voltage: 100 AC
- Frequency: 50-60 Hz
- Max. Current: 0.5Amp
- Max. Power Consumption: 50 Watts
- Lamp Power: 40 Watts
- UV Sleeve Material: Quartz
- Flow Rate: 7-16 GPM (26-60 LPM)
- Water Chamber Material: 304 SST
- Inlet/Outlet: 3/4" NPT
- Operating Perameters:
- Iron: <0.3 ppm
- Hardness: <120 ppm (7 GPG)
- UV Transmittance: >75%
- Max Working Pressure: 125 psi
- No Tools Maintenance
- Constant Current Electronic Power Supply
- Safety Cap and Special Lamp Plug
- Lamp Operation Indicator
- Power Supply Operation Indicator
- Sensor Operation Indicator
- Sensor with Diagnostic Test
- Reference Card
- Lamp Timer Display
- Lamp Timer Reset Button
- Mute Button
- Optional Solenoid Valve
- Optional External Control Relay
- Manufacturer: Trojan UV Max 650695
- Trojan UVMAX D4 Plus Ultraviolet System Maintenance
- Replace UV Bulbs and O-Rings every 12 months.
- Clean quartz sleeve regularly. Replace if extremely fouled or broken.