Tier1 PAS-1027 Replacement Pool and Spa Filter 4 ounce media fits the Hayward Star-Clear Plus C-1200. Tier1 Pool and Spa filters will protect your investment engineered to outperform the competition and exceed your expectations. Features high durability flat bonded filter media that maintains strength even when loaded with sediment. Flat bonded media provides effective filtration across 100% of the media surface compared to point bond media where up to 25% of the filter surface is blocked by the fiber bonds. Supported by a high strength, high flow core to support industry leading flow rates the Tier1 Pool and Spa filters will clean your water faster and more efficiently with less wear and tear on your pump. Dive in with Tier1, the water's great!
- It is time to clean or replace your filter cartridge when the pressure gauge on your filter tank reaches 8 psi above the pressure recorded when a new cartridge has been installed.
- It is also time to clean or replace your filter cartridge if there is a noticeable decrease in the pressure coming from your return jets.
- Turn the power off to your pump and bleed the excess air pressure of the system using the air valve on the filter.
- Remove any band clamps and/or lids to your filter.
- Remove the cartridge from the filter canister and dislodge any loose debris by directing a stream of water from a garden hose between each pleat.
- Do not use a high pressure car wash wand or a stiff brush to clean your cartridge. These abrasive methods may damage the filter media and snap the bands.
- Apply a spray on filter cleaner to the cartridge or grid to remove any oils or other organics. If stubborn stains persist, soak the cartridge overnight in a solution of TSP (trisodium phosphate).
- Rinse the cartridge thoroughly with clean fresh water and return it to the filter tank. Secure the tank lid and any band clamps.
- Restart your filtration system per manufacturer's instructions.