The GE FXSCH Replacement Shower Filter has a 10,000 gallon capacity or 6 month filter life. No tools needed to change the GE FXSCH water filter. Tested and certified to NSF Standard 177 in GE model GXSM01HWW for claims specified on Performance Data Sheet. The GE FXSCH Replacement Shower Filter is used in the GE GXSM01HWW Shower Filter System.
- Each GE FXSCH water filter gives you up to 6 months of filtered water. The filter should be changed after 6 months of use or 10,000 gallons, whichever comes first
- Turn off the water to the filtration system
- Remove the filter housing by turning counterclockwise. Be sure to support the shower pipe and the filter housing and base during the filter removal to avoid damage to the system. NOTE: Some water may drip from the system during filter cartridge removal
- Pull the filter cartridge straight out of the housing and dispose
- Remove the label at the bottom of the new filter; insert new filter cartridge into the filter base
- Put the housing back on the base by turning the housing clockwise until it locks into place
- Slowly turn on the water and check for leaks