HM Digital ZT-2 TDS Meter
Availability: Out of stock
The ZT-2 is highly efficient and accurate due to its advanced microprocessor technology. The ZT-2 tests for inorganic materials commonly found in drinking water. The ZT-2 may be used on all types of water except hot water. The ZT-2 is an economy model that is ideal for end-users and retail products. The HM Digital ZT-2 has an auto-off function: the meter shuts off automatically after 10 minutes of non-use to conserve batteries. The HM Digital ZT-2 has a measurement range: 0-999 ppm. The ZT-2 has a large and easy-to-read LCD screen. The ZT-2 is factory calibrated with a 342 ppm NaCl solution. Meters can be recalibrated with a mini-screwdriver. Total Dissolved Solids Information: The EPA Secondary Regulations recommend a maximum contamination level (MCL) of 500mg/liter (500 parts per million (ppm)) for Total Dissolved Solids. Many water supplies exceed this TDS level. When TDS levels exceed 1000mg/L it is usually considered unfit for human use. After reverse osmosis, distillation, deionization, microfiltration, the TDS level should be less than 50 ppm. Test your incoming water supply and the treated water to determine how much Total Dissolved Solids are being removed from the water. At least 80% of the TDS in your water should be removed. If the TDS rejection is less than 80%, it is time to change your RO membrane. Simple to use for Reverse Osmosis membrane monitoring. Measure the incoming water and the RO water. Divide the larger number into the smaller number and subtract that decimal from 1. The resulting decimal is the percent of TDS that the membrane is removing. Anyone who wants to know about the quality of their water should have one of these TDS Meter Testers. Total dissolved solids (TDS) are the total weight of all solids (minerals, salts or metals) that are dissolved in a given volume of water expressed in milligrams per liter (mg/L), or in parts per million (PPM). The lower the TDS level in the water, the more efficiently your body's cells actually get hydrated by the water that you drink. The higher the TDS levels in the water, the greater the probability of harmful contaminants that can pose health risks or hinder the absorption of water molecules on the cellular level. 17 PPM of TDS = 1 grain of hardness.
|Used In Brands||HM Digital|
The HM-DIGITAL-ZT-2 is comparable with the following part numbers
- Remove the protective cap
- Press the ON/OFF button once out of the water. The tester will read '000'
- Immerse the tester into the water no more than 2-inches. Once in the water, you will see a number on the screen which represents the TDS level in parts per million or milligrams per liter
- Wait for the display to stabilize. The tester automatically compensates for temperature variations
- Press the ON/OFF button again to turn off the tester. The tester willl automatically shut off after 10 minutes of non-use
- After usage, shake off the water from your tester or wipe it with a tissue. WARNING: Do not drop the entire tester in the water or dip beyond the maximum 2-inch level--this product is not waterproof!
- Do not use in hot water
- The number represents the amount of parts per million, or milligrams per liter, of dissolved solids that exist in your water sample
- The cleanest water will show a reading of '000'