LCS-38 Leak Controller (Water Alarm and Shut-Off for 3/8-Inch Tubing)
The LCS-38 is a specialized, affordable water alarm and shut-off system that is battery operated and fitted with a quick-connector water ball valve. The Water Controller LCS-38 features 3/8-Inch Quick Connect plumbing connections and 4-1/2 foot cord that connects the sensor. The Leak Controller LCS-38 has the ability to connect as many sensors as needed to a single controller. The LCS-38 is a leak controller for Reverse Osmosis Systems, Water Coolers, Refrigerators, Icemakers and Coffee Machines. The LCS 38 Leak Controller is a great way to control costly leaks. Controller will engage the shut-off valve and sound the alarm upon sensing moisture. The water source is cut off, stopping the leak, while the alarm continues to sound until the valve is manually reset. By preventing continuous water flow, mold and property damage is restricted and user liability is reduced. The LCS-38 Leak Controller is designed for simple installation, operation, and maintenance. The LCS-38 Leak Controller features LeakLogic RISC based management which is state of the art microchip technology for sensitive controls, operation verification and long battery life. The Leak Controller LCS-38 comes with a built-in filter change reminder. Set it to beep and flash after 6, 12 or 18 months, when it is time for a filter change or scheduled maintenance. A water leak detection system can be an invaluable addition to any home or office. These 'active' leak detectors are well worth the cost as there is a good chance you will not be home to hear an alarm if you have a leak. They are also very beneficial in vacation homes or properties where you are away for long periods of time. The LCS-38 package includes the Main Leak Controller module with attached 4-1/2 foot sensor cable, four AA size alkaline batteries, Metal Wall Mount Plate with two number 8 mounting screws, Sensor and one Sensor Mat. How does the LCS-38 Leak Controller work? The Leak Controller sends a pulse every second through the two stainless steel probes on the bottom of the sensor and measures the resistance of the probes. In the event of a leak, the resistance across the probes drops, and the Leak Controller detects this and shuts off the water supply and sounds an alarm.
|Warranty Guarantee||Unconditional Product Guarantee for Life of the Product|
- Connect to the cold water supply ONLY. The sensors cannot have anything placed on top of them. The controller will be installed as far upstream as possible from the device you will be protecting, such as under the kitchen sink or behind an appliance
- If you are going to cut an existing plumbing line, allow for an extra 3/4-inch of tubing on each side of the controller valve as the valve requires 3/4-inch for proper seal
- Attach Metal Wall Mount Plate with included screws. The controller should be flush against the wall, stationary, and be able to be connected to your piping. The valve is not directionally sensitive; insert the incoming and outgoing tube on either side
- Install the sensor on a clean, flat surface, make sure the metal side of the sensor always remains facing down. The sensor mat is provided only to increase the area where water is drawn to the sensor. Additional sensors may be added to your system
- Install sensors then test the product: 1) You can insert a coin into the slots located on the top of the sensor and wait for the valve to close. 2) You can wet the bottom of the sensor probes with your finger, a sponge, towel etc.
- If working correctly, sensor should beep 4 times, flash the LED, and close the valve. If not, change the batteries and retest. If test continues to fail, check the sensor to make sure they are connected to the probes and circuit board
- If the unit is beeping, there are 3 possible causes: You have either had a leak, the batteries are low, or it has not been tested for two years
- To detect a small leak use multiple sensors in series. We recommend using the absorbent towel (provided) under the sensor. If you are concerned about false alarms, use the sensor without the paper towel
- Make certain the sensor is flat; straightened wires to remove kinks. The sensor can be fastened to the surface by a clip (non metal) that has double-sided tape on the bottom that you can slip the sensor wire through