Pentek BBF1-20MB Mixed Bed Deionization Water Filter (20-inch x 4.5-inch)
1 Filter $139.99
3 Filters Price $131.72 each
6 Filters Price $125.99 each
- 99% Hydrogen conversion and 95% Hydroxide conversion
- 1850 Grain capacity with 20-40 screen size (US Std. Mesh)
- Cost effective option for applications requiring low TOC and TDS levels
- The Pentek BBF1-20MB filters is designed for deionizing water up to 16 megohms
The Pentek BBF1-20MB filter cartridge is manufactured using an FDA-compliant resin that has been subjected to additional postproduction steps to minimize the total organic carbon (TOC) level. Convenient and cost-effective for many applications where low levels of total organic carbon (TOC) and total dissolved solids (TDS) are required.
PCF Series cartridges have been developed in response to the requirements for deionized water in many industries. The BBF1-20MB has also been branded under Pentek, Ametek, Culligan, Kleen Plus, Plymouth Products, Pentair, American Plumber, Bruner and USFilter. The BBF1-20MB is a high-capacity, semi-conductor grade resin cartridge ideal for use in pharmaceutical and medical laboratories, cosmetics, and circuit board printing applications.
Commercial and Industrial Applications for Deionization Filters include:
Circuit board printing
Steam and humidification
Power generating equipment
Jet water sprayers
Boiler make-up water
The 20 X 4.5 BBF1-20MB mixed bed deionization water filter is built to fit 20-inch x 4.5-inch filter housings. This standard sizing allows this filter to easily match with a wide array of housings requiring 20 x 4.5 inch filters. The BBF1-20MB has a filter life for up to six months. Enjoy the deionized water you can receive with your replacement cartridge.
NOTE: For drinking water use. DO NOT use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.
NOTE: Do not use cartridges on equipment that has an electric conductivity water level indicator.
For more information please read the Pentek BBF1-20MB User Guide
|Used In Brands||Cuno, Filterite, Harmsco, Keystone, Pentek, U.S. Water, US Filter|
|Advertised Size (in)||20 x 4-1/2|
|Actual Size (in)||20 inches (length) x 4 1/2 inches (outside diameter)|
|Actual Size (cm)||50.8 x 11.43|
|Media||Mixed Bed DI Resin|
|Primary Filter Media||Ion Exchange Resin|
|Materials of Construction||Gasket: Buna-N|
|Filter Life (months)||6 months|
|Micron Rating (Nominal)||30|
|Operating Temperature (°F)||40 - 100|
|Operating Temperature (°C)||4.4 - 37.8|
|Flow Rate (gpm)||1.25|
|Flow Rate (lpm)||4.732|
|Includes||One 20 x 4-1/2 Inch Pentek BBF1-20MB Mixed Bed Deionization Water Filter|
|Primary Filter Media||Mixed Bed DI Resins|
The PENTEK-BBF1-20MB reduces the following contaminants:
- Total Dissolved Solids (TDS)
The PENTEK-BBF1-20MB is comparable with the following part numbers
- Turn off water supply. Press red pressure-relief button (if present).
- Unscrew housing. Remove large o-ring, wipe clean and set aside.
- Discard used filter cartridge. Wash housing with dish soap and warm water using a nonabrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly.
- Fill 1/3 with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of bleach and scrub to disinfect. Rinse thoroughly.
- Lubricate o-ring with clean silicone grease. Change o-ring if any damage cuts or degradation are present. Insert o-ring in groove.
- NOTE: This step is important to ensure a proper housing seal. Make certain the o-ring is seated level in the groove.
- Insert new filter cartridge.
- Screw housing onto the cap and hand-tighten. Do not over tighten. Make sure cap standpipe slips into cartridge.
- Turn on water supply. Press pressure-relief button (if present). Check for leaks before leaving installation.