Pentek C1-20 Carbon Water Filters (20-inch x 2-1/2-inch)
Availability: In stock
Fits most standard housings built for 20-inch x 2.5 inch filter cartridges
Choose a quantity
1 Filter $18.99
3 Filters Price $17.87 each
6 Filters Price $17.09 each
- High quality, great value replacement filter
- Filters contaminants down to 5 microns
- Reduces chlorine taste and odor and common contaminants
- Provides great tasting drinking water in every glass
Pentek C1-20 water filters produce healthier, better-tasting drinking water. Pentek C1-20 replacement filters provide sediment filtration, bad taste & odor and chlorine taste & odor reduction. The Pentek C1-20 filters are recommended for chlorinated water supplies. The C1-20 cartridges offer an economical solution for all of your general purpose water filtration needs. These dual-purpose cartridges filter out fine sediment particles and reduce unwanted taste, odor and chlorine taste and odor from your tap water. Pentek C1-20 dual purpose powdered-activated carbon water filter cartridges are rated to filter down to 5 microns.
The Pentek C1-20 water filters are constructed of a carbon-impregnated cellulose media and have a polyester reinforcement backing and external netting that provide additional strength and dirt-loading capacity. These C1-20 water filter dual-purpose cartridges are well suited for a wide range of residential applications, and make excellent polishing filters when used in process or closed-loop streams.
Carbon media, whether as granular activated carbon or as a carbon block functions as a fantastic water filtration media due to its incredibly high porosity. This high porosity maximizes the surface area contaminants are exposed to and ensures that contaminants have a great chance of being captured and reduced from your drinking water. Carbon filters are known for being effective at reducing the unpleasant taste and odors associated with city water chlorine treatment. If you are looking for better tasting water with excellent contaminant reduction try out a carbon filter today!
The 20 X 2.5 Pentek C1-20 carbon replacement filter is built to fit 20-inch x 2.5-inch filter housings. This standard sizing allows this filter to easily replace existing styles of whole house filters for housings requiring this size filter. The C1-20 goes to work immediately providing cleaner, fresher water for up to six months or 5,000 gallons, depending on water quality and use. Enjoy cleaner better water with your whole house replacement filter today.
NOTE: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.
NOTE: Some harmless bacteria will attack cellulose media cartridges. If your cartridge seems to disintegrate, or has a musty or moldy odor, switch to a synthetic media cartridge or consult the manufacturer.
NOTE: Increased flow rates may result in less effective chlorine reduction.
|Used In Brands||Ametek, Culligan, Pentek, US Filter|
|Advertised Size (in)||20 x 2-1/2|
|Actual Size (in)||20 inches (Length) x 2-1/2 inches (Width) x 2-1/2 inches (Depth)|
|Actual Size (cm)||50.8 x 6.35 x 6.35|
|Media||Carbon Impregnated Pleated Cellulose|
|Primary Filter Media||Carbon Wrapped|
|Filter Life (gallons)||5,000|
|Filter Life (liters)||18,927.05|
|Filter Life (months)||6 months|
|Micron Rating (Nominal)||5|
|Operating Temperature (°F)||40 - 125|
|Operating Temperature (°C)||4.4 - 51.7|
|Flow Rate (gpm)||5|
|Flow Rate (lpm)||18.927|
|Materials of Construction||Filter Core: Polypropylene, Netting: Polyethylene, Reinforcement Backing: Cellulose Polyester, End Caps: Vinyl Plastisol|
|Includes||One 20 x 201/2 Inch Pentek C1-20 Carbon Water Filter|
|Primary Filter Media||PAC-impregnated Cellulose|
The PENTEK-C1-20 reduces the following contaminants:
- Bad Taste and Odor
- Chlorine Taste & Odor
- Fluoride NF
The PENTEK-C1-20 is comparable with the following part numbers
- Turn off water supply. Press red pressure-relief button (if present).
- Unscrew housing. Remove large o-ring, wipe clean and set aside.
- Discard used filter cartridge. Wash housing with dish soap and warm water using a nonabrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly.
- Fill 1/3 with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of bleach and scrub to disinfect. Rinse thoroughly.
- Lubricate o-ring with clean silicone grease. Change o-ring if any damage cuts or degradation are present. Insert o-ring in groove.
- NOTE: This step is important to ensure a proper housing seal. Make certain the o-ring is seated level in the groove.
- Insert new filter cartridge.
- Screw housing onto the cap and hand-tighten. Do not over tighten. Make sure cap standpipe slips into cartridge.
- Turn on water supply. Press pressure-relief button (if present). Check for leaks before leaving installation.