Pentek DGD-2501-20 Sediment Water Filters (20-inch x 4.5-inch)
Availability: In Stock
Fits most standard housings built for 20-inch x 4.5-inch filter cartridges
Choose a quantity
1 Filter $26.99
3 Filters Price $25.39 each
6 Filters Price $24.29 each
- Supports a flow rate of up to 20 gallons per minute (gpm)
- Offers significant contaminant reduction including sand, silt, sediment, dirt, rust and corrosion, fine sand, and more
- Dual gradient filtration provides higher flow rate and greater contaminant holding capacity
- Polypropylene material construction inhibits bacterial growth
The Pentek DGD-2501-20 water filter has two separate gradient density layers that enhance cartridge performance. The prefilter (outer density layer) reduces the particle load to the postfilter (inner density layer), allowing it to operate at higher velocities/ higher flow rates. The effective DGD-2501-20 filter depth is increased to a full 233% of standard spun-polypropylene or string-wound filters. This increased depth provides for very high particulate reduction efficiencies and added loading capacity. The Pentek DGD-2501-20 water filter cartridge will not add taste, odor, or color to the liquid being filtered. This water filter has three times the dirt-holding capacity of similar sized sediment water filter cartridges. The Pentek DGD-2501-20 water filter is ideal for all residential, rural, commercial, industrial, and municipal applications.
The Pentek DGD-2501-20 water filters reduce the need for multiple housing step-down filtration systems. The Pentek DGD-2501-20 filter cartridge reduces extra fine dirt, sand, sediment, silt, rust particles, and scale particles. The Pentek DGD-2501-20 water filter is made from pure polypropylene construction making it highly resistant to chemicals and corrosion. This replacement 20 x 4.5 inch filter is designed for water purity and bacterial and chemical resistance. The Pentek DGD-2501-20 filter cartridge has a 25 micron fine sediment prefilter layer and a 1 micron extra fine sediment postfilter layer.
Polypropylene media inhibits bacterial growth making it an ideal option for both municipal and well water applications. These filters are effective at capturing contaminants such as sand, sediment, silt, and more. Unlike carbon filter cartridges you wont have to worry about small carbon fines potentially spilling into your water, while still enjoying the benefits of filtered water throughout your home. Polypropylene filters are great for whole house water filtration and can be used as effective pre-filters for whole house or point of use systems.
For more spec information please read the Pentek DGD-2501-20 User Guide
|Used In Brands||Pentek|
|Advertised Size (in)||20 x 4-1/2|
|Actual Size (in)||20 inches (length) x 4-1/2 inches (outside diameter)|
|Actual Size (cm)||50.8 x 11.43|
|Media||Spun Wound Polypropylene|
|Primary Filter Media||Polypropylene|
|Filter Life (gallons)||8,000|
|Filter Life (liters)||30,283.28|
|Filter Life (months)||2 months|
|Micron Rating (Nominal)||1|
|Operating Temperature (°F)||40 - 145|
|Operating Temperature (°C)||4.4 - 62.8|
|Flow Rate (gpm)||20|
|Flow Rate (lpm)||75.708|
|Certifications||NSF/ANSI Standard 42|
|Includes||One Dual Gradient Density Pentek DGD-2501-20 Sediment Water Filter|
|Primary Filter Media||Polypropylene|
The PENTEK-DGD-2501-20 reduces the following contaminants:
- Fine Sand
- Hard Scale
- Rust and Corrosion
The PENTEK-DGD-2501-20 is comparable with the following part numbers
- Turn off water supply. Press red pressure-relief button (if present).
- Unscrew housing. Remove large o-ring, wipe clean and set aside.
- Discard used filter cartridge. Wash housing with dish soap and warm water using a nonabrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly.
- Fill 1/3 with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of bleach and scrub to disinfect. Rinse thoroughly.
- Lubricate o-ring with clean silicone grease. Change o-ring if any damage cuts or degradation are present. Insert o-ring in groove.
- NOTE: This step is important to ensure a proper housing seal. Make certain the o-ring is seated level in the groove.
- Insert new filter cartridge.
- Screw housing onto the cap and hand-tighten. Do not over tighten. Make sure cap standpipe slips into cartridge.
- Turn on water supply. Press pressure-relief button (if present). Check for leaks before leaving installation.