Pentek DGD-2501 Sediment Water Filter (10-inch x 4.5-inch)
1 Filter $17.99
3 Filters Price $16.93 each
6 Filters Price $16.19 each
- Filters contaminants down to 1 micron in size
- Fits in filter housings requiring a 10 x 4.5 inch water filter
- Supports a flow rate of up to 10 gallons per minute (gpm)
- Dual gradient density design for increased capacity and flow rates
The Pentek DGD-2501 water filters are pure polypropylene construction resistant to chemicals and corrosion. The Pentek DGD-2501 replacement filters are designed for purity, bacteria resistance, and chemical resistance. The Pentek DGD-2501 water filter cartridge will not add taste, odor, or color to the liquid being filtered. The Pentek DGD-2501 water filter has three times the dirt-holding capacity of similar sized Sediment Water Filter cartridges. The Pentek DGD-2501 water filter is ideal for all residential, rural, commercial, industrial, and municipal applications. The Pentek DGD-2501 filter cartridge has a 25 micron fine sediment prefilter layer and a 1 micron extra fine sediment postfilter layer.
The Pentek DGD-2501 water filter has two separate gradient density layers that improve cartridge performance. The Pentek DGD-2501 prefilter (outer layer) reduces the particle load to the postfilter (inner layer), allowing it to achieve higher flow rates. By having a gradient filtration media contaminants are trapped more evenly throughout the filter media providing less clogging, a higher dirt holding capacity, and enhanced flow rates to alternative filters. The effective DGD-2501 filter depth is increased to a full 233% of standard spun-polypropylene or string-wound filters. This increased depth provides for very high particulate reduction efficiencies and added loading capacity. The Pentek DGD-2501 water filters reduce the need for multiple housing step-down filtration systems. The Pentek DGD-2501 filter cartridge reduces extra fine dirt, sand, sediment, silt, rust particles, and scale particles.
Polypropylene media inhibits bacterial growth making it an ideal option for both municipal and well water applications. These filters are effective at capturing contaminants such as sand, sediment, silt, and more. Unlike carbon filter cartridges you wont have to worry about small carbon fines potentially spilling into your water, while still enjoying the benefits of filtered water throughout your home. Polypropylene filters are great for whole house water filtration and can be used as effective pre-filters for whole house or point of use systems.
The 10 X 4.5 inch Pentek DGD-2501 spun wound polypropylene replacement filter is built to fit 10-inch x 4.5-inch filter housings. This standard sizing allows this filter to easily replace existing styles of whole house filters for housings requiring 10 x 4.5 inch filters. The DGD-2501 goes to work immediately providing cleaner, fresher water for up to six months. Enjoy cleaner better water with your whole house replacement filter today.
For more information regarding the product please visit the "Specs" tab and read the Pentek DGD-2501 User Guide
|Used In Brands||Pentek|
|Advertised Size (in)||10 x 4-1/2|
|Actual Size (in)||10 inches (length) x 4 1/2 inches (outside diameter)|
|Actual Size (cm)||25.4 x 11.43|
|Media||Spun Wound Polypropylene|
|Primary Filter Media||Polypropylene|
|Filter Life (gallons)||8000|
|Filter Life (months)||6 months|
|Micron Rating (Nominal)||1|
|Operating Temperature (°F)||40 - 145|
|Operating Temperature (°C)||4.4 - 62.8|
|Flow Rate (gpm)||10|
|Flow Rate (lpm)||37.854|
|Certifications||NSF/ANSI Standard 42|
|Includes||One Pentek DGD-2501 10 x 4.5 inch Sediment Water Filter|
|Primary Filter Media||Polypropylene|
The PENTEK-DGD-2501 reduces the following contaminants:
- Extra Fine Sand
- Fine Sand
- Rust and Corrosion
The PENTEK-DGD-2501 is comparable with the following part numbers
- Turn off water supply. Press red pressure-relief button (if present).
- Unscrew housing. Remove large o-ring, wipe clean and set aside.
- Discard used filter cartridge. Wash housing with dish soap and warm water using a nonabrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly.
- Fill 1/3 with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of bleach and scrub to disinfect. Rinse thoroughly.
- Lubricate o-ring with clean silicone grease. Change o-ring if any damage cuts or degradation are present. Insert o-ring in groove.
- NOTE: This step is important to ensure a proper housing seal. Make certain the o-ring is seated level in the groove.
- Insert new filter cartridge.
- Screw housing onto the cap and hand-tighten. Do not over tighten. Make sure cap standpipe slips into cartridge.
- Turn on water supply. Press pressure-relief button (if present). Check for leaks before leaving installation.