Pentek DGD-7525-20 Sediment Water Filters (20-inch x 4.5-inch)
1 Filter $30.99
3 Filters Price $29.16 each
6 Filters Price $27.89 each
- Bacteria resistant and chemical resistant
- Reduces the need for multiple housing step-down filtration systems
- Up to three times the dirt-holding capacity of similar sized sediment water filter cartridges
- Features a 75 micron fine sediment pre-filter layer and a 25 micron extra fine sediment post-filter layer
The Pentek DGD-7525-20 water filters reduce the need for multiple housing step-down filtration systems. The Pentek DGD-7525-20 water filters are made of pure polypropylene construction and are resistant to chemicals and corrosion. The Pentek DGD-7525-20 replacement filters are designed for water purity along with bacteria and chemical resistance, the polypropylene material inhibits the growth of bacteria on the filter. The Pentek DGD-7525-20 water filter cartridge does not add taste, odor, or color to the liquid being filtered. The Pentek DGD-7525-20 water filter is ideal for all residential, rural, commercial, industrial, and municipal applications.
The Pentek DGD-7525-20 outermost layer, the prefilter, reduces the particle load to the inner layer postfilter, allowing it to provide greater flow rates and retain more contaminants. By sifting out the particles by size as they flow through the filter media, there is less strain on the initial layer and a better distribution of contaminant reduction as water passes through the media. The effective DGD-7525-20 filter depth is increased to a full 233% of standard spun-polypropylene or string-wound filters. This increased depth provides for very high particulate reduction efficiencies and added loading capacity.
Polypropylene media inhibits bacterial growth making it an ideal option for both municipal and well water applications. These filters are effective at capturing contaminants such as sand, sediment, silt, and more. Unlike carbon filter cartridges you wont have to worry about small carbon fines potentially spilling into your water, while still enjoying the benefits of filtered water throughout your home. Polypropylene filters are great for whole house water filtration and can be used as effective pre-filters for whole house or point of use systems.
The 20 X 4.5 inch Pentek DGD-7525-20 spun wound polypropylene replacement filter is built to fit 20-inch x 4.5-inch filter housings. This standard sizing allows this filter to easily replace existing styles of whole house filters for housings requiring 20 x 4.5 inch filters. The DGD-7525-20 goes to work immediately providing cleaner, fresher water for up to six months. Enjoy cleaner better water with your whole house replacement filter today.
For more spec information please visit the "Specs" tab and read the Pentek DGD-7525-20 User Guide
|Used In Brands||Ametek, Culligan, Pentek, US Filter|
|Advertised Size (in)||20 x 4-1/2|
|Actual Size (in)||20 inches (Length) x 4-1/2 inches (Outside Diameter)|
|Actual Size (cm)||50.8 x 11.43|
|Media||Spun Wound Polypropylene|
|Primary Filter Media||Polypropylene|
|Filter Life (gallons)||8,000|
|Filter Life (liters)||30,283.28|
|Filter Life (months)||6 months|
|Micron Rating (Nominal)||25|
|Operating Temperature (°F)||40 - 145|
|Operating Temperature (°C)||4.4 - 62.8|
|Flow Rate (gpm)||20|
|Flow Rate (lpm)||75.708|
|Certifications||NSF/ANSI Standard 42|
|Includes||One Pentek DGD-7525-20 20 x 4.5 inch Sediment Water Filter|
|Additional Information||Pre-Filter Rating: 75 Microns, Post-Filter Rating: 25 Micron|
|Primary Filter Media||Polypropylene|
The PENTEK-DGD-7525-20 reduces the following contaminants:
- Extra Fine Sand
- Fine Sand
- Hard Scale
- Rust and Corrosion
The PENTEK-DGD-7525-20 is comparable with the following part numbers
- Turn off water supply. Press red pressure-relief button (if present).
- Unscrew housing. Remove large o-ring, wipe clean and set aside.
- Discard used filter cartridge. Wash housing with dish soap and warm water using a nonabrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly.
- Fill 1/3 with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of bleach and scrub to disinfect. Rinse thoroughly.
- Lubricate o-ring with clean silicone grease. Change o-ring if any damage cuts or degradation are present. Insert o-ring in groove.
- NOTE: This step is important to ensure a proper housing seal. Make certain the o-ring is seated level in the groove.
- Insert new filter cartridge.
- Screw housing onto the cap and hand-tighten. Do not over tighten. Make sure cap standpipe slips into cartridge.
- Turn on water supply. Press pressure-relief button (if present). Check for leaks before leaving installation.