Pentek ECP20-20BB Pleated Sediment Water Filters (20-inch x 4-1/2-inch)
1 Filter $29.99
3 Filters Price $28.22 each
6 Filters Price $26.99 each
- High quality, great value replacement filter
- Filters contaminants down to 20 microns
- Pleated cellulose filter media is made from natural materials
- Filter life of 6 months depending on water quality and usage
The Pentek ECP20-20BB water filter cartridge has a special formulation of resin-impregnated cellulose and polyester fibers. The Pentek ECP20-20BB water filters provide higher wet strength than regular cellulose cartridges. The Pentek ECP20-20BB water filters also provide high flow rates and dirt-holding capacity, while maintaining extremely low pressure drop. The Pentek ECP20-20BB replacement filter cartridge has minimal unloading and media migration. The Pentek ECP20-20BB replacement filter cartridge is recommended for chlorinated water supplies. Receive filtered water today with your replacement ECP20-20BB filter.
The Pentek ECP20-20BB water filter media is pleated around a polypropylene core for added strength and the ends are immersed in a thermosetting vinyl plastisol. Embedding and sealing each end of the pleat block in this fashion fuses the components together, forming a unitized end cap and gasket. The ECP water filter cartridges contain more media surface area than most competitive cartridges. The 20-Inch Big Blue ECP cartridges contain 36 square feet of media. The Pentek ECP20-20BB pleated cellulose polyester water filter is rated for nominal 20 micron filtration.
The Pentek ECP20-20BB uses pleated filter media to maximize contaminant exposure to the filter media. More time along the media allows for higher capture and retention of unwanted contaminants. This also allows for greater amounts of larger particles of sediment and sand to collect within the pleats of the filter. This pleated design and polypropylene core enhance the structural stability of the filter and help increase the performance. Pleated filters are capable of providing high quality filtration and increased flow rate potential.
The 20 X 4.5 inch Pentek ECP20-20BB pleated cellulose replacement filter is built to fit 20-inch x 4.5-inch filter housings. This standard sizing allows this filter to easily replace existing styles of whole house filters for housings requiring 20 x 4.5 inch filters. The ECP20-20BB goes to work immediately providing cleaner, fresher water for up to six months. Enjoy cleaner better water with your whole house replacement filter today.
NOTE: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.
NOTE:Cellulose may start to break down if there is bacteria present in well water or other non-chlorinated water supplies.
The Pentek ECP Series cartridges have end caps that are color-coded for micron rating:
Tan = 1 micron
White = 5 micron
Blue = 20 micron
Yellow = 50 micron
|Used In Brands||Ametek, Culligan, Pentek, US Filter|
|Advertised Size (in)||20 x 4-1/2|
|Actual Size (in)||20 inches (Length) x 4-1/2 inches (Width) x 4-1/2 inches (Depth)|
|Actual Size (cm)||50.8 x 11.43 x 11.43|
|Primary Filter Media||Pleated Polyester|
|Filter Life (months)||6 months|
|Micron Rating (Nominal)||20|
|Operating Temperature (°F)||40 - 125|
|Operating Temperature (°C)||4.4 - 51.7|
|Flow Rate (gpm)||20|
|Flow Rate (lpm)||75.708|
|Materials of Construction||Core: Polypropylene, End Caps: Vinyl Plastisol|
|Includes||One 20 x 4-1/2 Inch Pentek ECP20-20BB Pleated Sediment Water Filter|
|Primary Filter Media||Pleated Cellulose Polyester|
The PENTEK-ECP20-20BB reduces the following contaminants:
- Fine Sand
- Hard Scale
- Rust and Corrosion
The PENTEK-ECP20-20BB is comparable with the following part numbers
- Turn off water supply. Press red pressure-relief button (if present).
- Unscrew housing. Remove large o-ring, wipe clean and set aside.
- Discard used filter cartridge. Wash housing with dish soap and warm water using a nonabrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly.
- Fill 1/3 with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of bleach and scrub to disinfect. Rinse thoroughly.
- Lubricate o-ring with clean silicone grease. Change o-ring if any damage cuts or degradation are present. Insert o-ring in groove.
- Insert new filter cartridge.
- Screw housing onto the cap and hand-tighten. Do not over tighten. Make sure cap standpipe slips into cartridge.
- Turn on water supply. Press pressure-relief button (if present). Check for leaks before leaving installation.