Pentek ECP5-20BB Pleated Sediment Water Filters (20-inch x 4-1/2-inch)
1 Filter $35.99
3 Filters Price $33.86 each
6 Filters Price $32.39 each
- Filters contaminants down to 5 microns in size
- Pleated media for maximum contaminant retention
- Supports a flow rate of up to 20 gallons per minute (gpm)
- Drop-in cartridge design makes filter changes fast and easy
The Pentek ECP5-20BB water filter cartridge has a special formulation of resin-impregnated cellulose and polyester fibers. The Pentek ECP5-20BB water filters provide higher wet strength than regular cellulose cartridges. This filter also provides high flow rates and dirt-holding capacity, while maintaining extremely low pressure drop. The Pentek ECP5-20BB replacement filter cartridge has minimal unloading and media migration. The Pentek ECP5-20BB water filter media is pleated around a polypropylene core for added strength and the ends are immersed in a thermosetting vinyl plastisol. Embedding and sealing each end of the pleat block in this fashion fuses the components together, forming a united end cap and gasket. This ECP water filter cartridge contains more media surface area than most competitive cartridges containing around 36 square feet of media.
The Pentek ECP5-20BB uses pleated filter design to maximize contaminant exposure to filter media. More time along the media allows for higher capture and retention of unwanted contaminants. This also allows for greater amounts of larger particles of sediment and sand to collect within the pleats of the filter. This pleated design enhances structural stability and helps increase the performance of the filter.
The 20 X 4.5 Pentek ECP5-20BB pleated cellulose and polyester replacement filter is built to fit 20-inch x 4.5-inch filter housings. This standard sizing allows this filter to easily replace existing styles of whole house filters for housings requiring 20 x 4.5 inch filters. The ECP5-20BB goes to work immediately providing cleaner, fresher water for up to six months. Enjoy cleaner better water with your whole house replacement filter today.
The Pentek ECP Series cartridges have end caps that are color-coded for micron rating:
Tan = 1 micron
White = 5 micron
Blue = 20 micron
Yellow = 50 micron
NOTE: The Pentek ECP5-20BB replacement filter cartridge is recommended for chlorinated water supplies. It is not recommended for non-chlorinated water supplies. Cellulose may start to break down if there is bacteria present in well water or other non-chlorinated water supplies.
NOTE: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.
For more information please see the related tabs and read the Pentek ECP5-20BB User Guide
|Used In Brands||Pentek|
|Advertised Size (in)||20 x 4-1/2|
|Actual Size (in)||20 inches (length) x 4 1/2 inches (outside diameter)|
|Actual Size (cm)||50.8 x 11.43|
|Primary Filter Media||Pleated Cellulose|
|Filter Life (months)||6 months|
|Micron Rating (Nominal)||5|
|Operating Temperature (°F)||40 - 125|
|Operating Temperature (°C)||4.4 - 51.7|
|Flow Rate (gpm)||20|
|Flow Rate (lpm)||75.708|
|Materials of Construction||Core: Polypropylene, End Caps: Vinyl Plastisol|
|Includes||One Pentek ECP5-20BB 20-inch x 4-1/2-inch Pleated Sediment Water Filter|
|Additional Information||End Cap Color: White|
|Primary Filter Media||Pleated Cellulose Polyester|
The PENTEK-ECP5-20BB reduces the following contaminants:
- Rust and Corrosion
The PENTEK-ECP5-20BB is comparable with the following part numbers
- Turn off water supply. Press red pressure-relief button (if present).
- Unscrew housing. Remove large o-ring, wipe clean and set aside.
- Discard used filter cartridge. Wash housing with dish soap and warm water using a nonabrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly.
- Fill 1/3 with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of bleach and scrub to disinfect. Rinse thoroughly.
- Lubricate o-ring with clean silicone grease. Change o-ring if any damage cuts or degradation are present. Insert o-ring in groove.
- NOTE: This step is important to ensure a proper housing seal. Make certain the o-ring is seated level in the groove.
- Insert new filter cartridge.
- Screw housing onto the cap and hand-tighten. Do not over tighten. Make sure cap standpipe slips into cartridge.
- Turn on water supply. Press pressure-relief button (if present). Check for leaks before leaving installation.