Pentek EP-20BB Carbon Block Water Filter (20-inch x 4.5-inch)
1 Filter $65.99
3 Filters Price $62.09 each
6 Filters Price $59.39 each
- High quality, great value replacement filter
- High porosity design helps prevent plugging
- Filters contaminants down to 5 microns in size
- Provides refreshing great tasting water in every glass
Pentek EP-20BB water filters produce healthier, better-tasting drinking water. The Pentek EP20-BB filter cartridge's high dirt-holding capacity is maximized utilization of the carbon block. The Pentek EP-20BB water filter is highly effective at reducing bad taste & odor and the unpleasant taste of chlorine taste & odor. The Pentek EP20-BB water filter cartridges are versatile and combine the long life of carbon block filtration with the higher dirt-holding capacity of wound, carbon-impregnated paper cartridges.
Pentek EP-20BB filter cartridges are manufactured using a patented process. A high porosity design helps prevent the cartridge from plugging before its adsorption capacity is exhausted, maximizing the utilization of the carbon while maintaining low pressure drop. The Pentek EP-20BB filter cartridges are protected by Endurawrap, a uniquely formulated polyolefin bilaminate prefilter, designed to significantly increase the useful life of the cartridge by trapping sediment that typically plugs carbon block cartridges. Pentek EP-20BB cartridges are manufactured entirely from FDA-compliant materials making them an ideal choice for a wide range of residential, food service, commercial and industrial applications.
Carbon media, whether as granular activated carbon or as a carbon block functions as a fantastic water filtration media due to its incredibly high porosity. This high porosity maximizes the surface area contaminants are exposed to and ensures that contaminants have a great chance of being captured and reduced from your drinking water. Carbon filters are known for being effective at reducing the unpleasant taste and odors associated with city water chlorine treatment. If you are looking for better tasting water with excellent contaminant reduction try out a carbon filter today!
NOTE: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.
NOTE: Cartridges will contain a very small amount of carbon fines (very fine black powder) and a new cartridge after installation should be flushed with sufficient water to remove all traces of the fines from your water system before using the water. Each time you use your filtered water tap for drinking or cooking purposes it is recommended that you run (flush) the tap for at least 20 seconds prior to using water.
NOTE: Micron ratings based on 85% or greater removal of given particle size. The Pentek EP-20BB water filter is the same filter as the Everpure EV910845 filter, Everpure DEV910845 filter, Everpure CGT-204 filter, and CUNO CFS215-2 filter. Nominal 5 micron Pentek EP-20BB Carbon Briquette Water Filter Cartridge.
For additional spec information please see the "Specs" tab and read the Pentek EP-20BB User Guide
|Used In Brands||Ametek, Culligan, Pentek, US Filter|
|Advertised Size (in)||20 x 4-1/2|
|Actual Size (in)||20 inches (length) x 4 5/8 inches (outside diameter)|
|Actual Size (cm)||50.8 x 11.7475|
|Media||Bonded Powder-Activated Carbon|
|Primary Filter Media||Activated Carbon Block|
|Materials of Construction||End Caps: Polypropylene, Netting: Polyethylene, Gaskets: Buna-N|
|Filter Life (gallons)||40,000|
|Filter Life (liters)||151,416.40|
|Filter Life (months)||6 months|
|Micron Rating (Nominal)||5|
|Operating Temperature (°F)||40 - 180|
|Operating Temperature (°C)||4.4 - 82.2|
|Flow Rate (gpm)||4|
|Flow Rate (lpm)||15.142|
|Certifications||NSF/ANSI Standard 42|
|Includes||One Pentek EP-20BB 20 x 4.5 inch Carbon Block Water Filter|
|Primary Filter Media||Carbon Block|
The PENTEK-EP-20BB reduces the following contaminants:
- Bad Taste and Odor
- Chlorine Taste & Odor 90%
The PENTEK-EP-20BB is comparable with the following part numbers
- Turn off water supply. Press red pressure-relief button (if present).
- Unscrew housing. Remove large o-ring, wipe clean and set aside.
- Discard used filter cartridge. Wash housing with dish soap and warm water using a nonabrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly.
- Fill 1/3 with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of bleach and scrub to disinfect. Rinse thoroughly.
- Lubricate o-ring with clean silicone grease. Change o-ring if any damage cuts or degradation are present. Insert o-ring in groove.
- NOTE: This step is important to ensure a proper housing seal. Make certain the o-ring is seated level in the groove.
- Insert new filter cartridge.
- Screw housing onto the cap and hand-tighten. Do not over tighten. Make sure cap standpipe slips into cartridge.
- Turn on water supply. Press pressure-relief button (if present). Check for leaks before leaving installation.