Pentek P5 Sediment Water Filter (9-3/4-inch x 2-3/8-inch)
1 Filter $4.99
3 Filters Price $4.89 each
6 Filters Price $4.69 each
- High quality, great value replacement filter
- Reduces contaminants down to 5 microns
- Bacteria and chemical resistant polypropylene construction
- Reduces contaminants such as fine dirt, sand, sediment, silt and more
The Pentek P5 water filters reduce extra fine dirt, sand, sediment, silt, rust particles, and scale particles. The Pentek P5 water filter is resistant to chemicals and corrosion. The P5 filter cartridge is designed for purity and bacterial and chemical resistance. The P5 filter is a 5 micron extra fine sediment water filter cartridge made of spun bonded polypropylene. The Pentek P5 water filters can be used on chlorinated or non-chlorinated water supplies. The Pentek P5 water filter cartridges fit in whole house water filter systems and reverse osmosis systems. The Pentek P5 is Tested and Certified by NSF International to NSF/ANSI Standard 42 for material requirements only.
The Pentek P5 spun fibers form a true gradient density from outer to inner surfaces and are manufactured from 100% pure polypropylene. The gradient density allows for enhanced performance and increased filter life. The Pentek P5 replacement water filter will not impart taste, odor or color to the liquid being filtered when used within the recommended temperature limit. The coreless strength of the Pentek P5 water filter cartridge is achieved by sintering the many fibers into a solid matrix.
Polypropylene media inhibits bacterial growth making it an ideal option for both municipal and well water applications. These filters are effective at capturing contaminants such as sand, sediment, silt, and more. Unlike carbon filter cartridges you wont have to worry about small carbon fines potentially spilling into your water, while still enjoying the benefits of filtered water throughout your home. Polypropylene filters are great for whole house water filtration and can be used as effective pre-filters for whole house or point of use systems.
The 10 X 2.5 inch Pentek P5 spun wound polypropylene replacement filter is built to fit 10-inch x 2.5-inch filter housings. This standard sizing allows this filter to easily replace existing styles of whole house filters for housings requiring this filter sizing. The P5 goes to work immediately providing cleaner, fresher water for up to two months. Enjoy cleaner better water with your whole house replacement filter today.
NOTE: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.
|Used In Brands||Pentek|
|Advertised Size (in)||10 x 2-1/2|
|Actual Size (in)||9 3/4 inches (length) x 2 3/8 inches (outside diameter)|
|Actual Size (cm)||24.77 x 6.0325|
|Media||Spun Wound Polypropylene|
|Primary Filter Media||Polypropylene|
|Filter Life (gallons)||8,000|
|Filter Life (liters)||30,283.28|
|Filter Life (months)||2 months|
|Micron Rating (Nominal)||5|
|Operating Temperature (°F)||40 - 145|
|Operating Temperature (°C)||4.4 - 62.8|
|Flow Rate (gpm)||5|
|Flow Rate (lpm)||18.927|
|Certifications||Tested and Certified by NSF International against NSF/ANSI Standard 42 for materials and structural integrity requirements only|
|Includes||One 9-3/4 x 2-3/8 Inch Pentek P5 Sediment Water Filter|
|Primary Filter Media||Polypropylene|
The PENTEK-P5 reduces the following contaminants:
- Rust and Corrosion
The PENTEK-P5 is comparable with the following part numbers
- Turn off water supply. Press red pressure-relief button (if present).
- Unscrew housing. Remove large o-ring, wipe clean and set aside.
- Discard used filter cartridge. Wash housing with dish soap and warm water using a nonabrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly.
- Fill 1/3 with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of bleach and scrub to disinfect. Rinse thoroughly.
- Lubricate o-ring with clean silicone grease. Change o-ring if any damage cuts or degradation are present. Insert o-ring in groove.
- NOTE: This step is important to ensure a proper housing seal. Make certain the o-ring is seated level in the groove.
- Insert new filter cartridge.
- Screw housing onto the cap and hand-tighten. Do not over tighten. Make sure cap standpipe slips into cartridge.
- Turn on water supply. Press pressure-relief button (if present). Check for leaks before leaving installation.