The Pentek R30BB comparable by Tier1 is a 10 x 4.5 whole house water filter for residential applications that require reduction of dirt particles and sediment. Pleated Polyester filter media headlines this 30 micron whole house filter that will meet your filtering challenges head on. Order today!
- Turn off water supply. Press red pressure-relief button (if present).
- Unscrew housing. Remove large o-ring, wipe clean and set aside.
- Discard used filter cartridge. Wash housing with dish soap and warm water using a nonabrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly. Fill 1/3 with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of bleach and scrub to disinfect. Rinse thoroughly.
- Fill 1/3 with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of bleach and scrub to disinfect. Rinse thoroughly
- Lubricate o-ring with clean silicone grease. Change o-ring if any damage cuts or degradation are present. Insert o-ring in groove
- NOTE: This step is important to ensure a proper housing seal. Make certain the o-ring is seated level in the groove
- Insert new filter cartridge
- Screw housing onto the cap and hand-tighten. Do not over tighten. Make sure cap standpipe slips into cartridge
- Turn on water supply. Press pressure-relief button (if present). Check for leaks before leaving installation