The RO Membrane Housing can be used with most 11.75-inch to 12-inch reverse osmosis membrane elements. This reverse osmosis membrane housing has a thicker body for stronger durability and stronger membrane cup design to prevent cracking. The RO membrane housing has three standard 1/8-inch threaded ports. If you do not have fittings, see the Instructions section for available fittings. You do not have to worry about bypass of Brine water to the Permeate side which is quite common on most other housings manufactured today. The reverse osmosis membrane housing has been Tested and Certified by NSF International to NSF/ANSI Standard 42 for material and structural integrity requirements only. This Reverse Osmosis Membrane housing utilizes a flat gasket and an o-ring to ensure a true double o-ring seal. Other RO membrane housings lacking one o-ring will leak.
- To install the new membrane housing, the tubing will have to be disconnected from your old RO membrane housing and connected to this new membrane housing. Plumber's tape is recommended for installation of the membrane housing
- This RO membrane housing has standard 1/8-inch threaded ports. There is one 1/8-inch threaded port on one end of the membrane housing. There are two 1/8-inch threaded ports on the opposite end of the membrane housing
- If you do not have fittings, 1/8 iinch fittings can be purchased separately. You will need 3 of the 1/8-inch fittings. The 1/8-inch FPT x 1/4-inch Tubing fitting connects the 1/8-inch threaded connection to 1/4-inch outside diameter tubing
- The 1/8-inch FPT x 3/8-inch Tubing fitting connects the 1/8-inch threaded connection to 3/8-inch outside diameter tubing. Most systems use 1/4-inch tubing.
- You will need 3 fittings to connect the RO membrane housing to your RO system.
- If you currently have 1/8-inch fittings from your old membrane housing, you can reuse those fittings
- If you would like to upgrade your RO System to use a higher Gallons Per Day membrane, please see the instructions near the bottom of our main Membrane Housing page
- Change your filters and membrane at the recommended frequency
- Clean your system occasionally with a product like Sani-System SS96RO, an easy to use, pre-measured, reverse osmosis system sanitizer (purchasable separately)