The Rusco sediment trapper filters use centrifugal separation technology to filter sediment from water. The Rusco Sediment Trapper has a unique element design that traps sediment in the lower reservoir of the clear cover. The debris settles in the bottom of the clear cover away from the filter screen. The Rusco Sediment Trapper model should be used over the Rusco Spin-Down model when there is heavy sediment in the water supply. The Rusco clear cover is made of high impact polymer resin for maximum strength and durability. The top of the Rusco system is made of PVC. The Rusco filtration system has a polyester screen filter. The Rusco filter system's filter screen is cleanable and reusable. The Rusco systems have a clear cover that can easily be removed for cleaning. No tools are required to remove the cover. Sediment is visible through the clear cover indicating when the filter needs to be flushed. Rusco Sediment Filters have an open ball valve to easily flush sediment. When the Rusco filter is full of sediment, simply open the ball valve to flush the sediment. Rusco water filtration systems are made from molded non-corrosive materials.
- Install the filter in a location that protects it from damage such as impact, freeze, excessive heat, chemical contact and water hammer.
- Install the filter in the preferred vertical position with the purge outlet pointing down and also where it can be easily accessed for cleaning and maintenance.
- Install the filter on the discharge side of the pump to allow the filter to be cleaned by purging through the flush valve.
- Refer to arrows on the filter body for correct water flow direction.
- Adhere to all local and state codes, laws and regulations.
- Use approved solvent cement for gluing PVC connections. Follow gluing instructions on glue container.
- It is recommended that the clear cover be removed from the PVC body prior to the gluing process. Any excess glue that comes in contact with the clear cover will damage it.