Sensafe 487197 EZ Bacteria Check & E.Coli Test Kit
THE E.COLI TEST REQUIRES USE OF THE UV LIGHT NVF-4 SOLD SEPARATELY. The Sensafe 487197 test kit is US EPA Compliant. The Sensafe WaterWorks EZ Coliform Cult Water Quality Test Kit tests for the presence of coliform bacteria and E. coli. The test kit provides fast presence/absence results. EZ Coliform Cult (X-GAL/MUG) is a presence/absence test for the simultaneous detection of total coliforms and E. coli in water. The Sensafe WaterWorks 487197 test works by detecting an enzyme produced by coliform bacteria and a specific enzyme produced by E. coli. EZ Coliform Cult media is pre-sterilized by gamma irradiation, and is supplied in a 120ml bottle with a screw cap.
|Used In Brands||WaterWorks|
The WATERWORKS-487197 is comparable with the following part numbers
- Store dry at 15-27 deg C / 59-81 F
- Wash your hands with soap and water
- Carefully remove the bottle cap
- Fill with 100 mls of water. Do not overfill
- Securely recap the bottle.
- Shake the bottle vigorously until all the media is dissolved. The solution should be clear yellow in color (a bit less clear with turbid samples)
- Incubate the sample for 24 hours at 35 deg C/95 deg F OR for 48 hours at 25 deg C/77 deg F (+/- 3 deg C/5 deg F)
- After the incubation time, observe the color of the sample
- Clear Yellow = Negative for Coliforms Blue-Green = Positive for Coliforms. Presence of E. coli can only be confirmed using UV Light (Part NVF-4)
- SOLD SEPARATELY - Shine a UV light with wavelength 365nm from the bottom of the sample. No fluorescence = Negative for E. coli Bright blue fluorescence = Positive for E. coli