Tier1 1561-00 Comparable Pool and Spa Filter (2-Pack) and Pool Filter Cleaning Brush
- Premium Flat bonded filter media for effective filtration across 100% of the filter's surface.
- Two necessary products, one convenient package
- Cost-effective replacements
- Extend the life of pool and spa filters
The TIER1_PAS_1223_WAND_BRUSH_2_PACK reduces the following contaminants:
The TIER1_PAS_1223_WAND_BRUSH_2_PACK is comparable with the following part numbers
- It is time to clean or replace your filter cartridge when the pressure gauge on your filter tank reaches 8 psi above the pressure recorded when a new cartridge has been installed.
- It is also time to clean or replace your filter cartridge if there is a noticeable decrease in the pressure coming from your return jets.
- Turn the power off to your pump and bleed the excess air pressure of the system using the air valve on the filter.
- Remove any band clamps and/or lids to your filter.
- Remove the cartridge from the filter canister and dislodge any loose debris by directing a stream of water from a garden hose between each pleat.
- Do not use a high pressure car wash wand or a stiff brush to clean your cartridge. These abrasive methods may damage the filter media and snap the bands.
- Apply a spray on filter cleaner to the cartridge or grid to remove any oils or other organics. If stubborn stains persist, soak the cartridge overnight in a solution of TSP (trisodium phosphate).
- Rinse the cartridge thoroughly with clean fresh water and return it to the filter tank. Secure the tank lid and any band clamps.
- Restart your filtration system per manufacturer's instructions.