Tier1 Iron and Manganese Reducing Replacement Water Filter
- Efficiently reduces Iron and Manganese levels to 0.01 ppm
- Most effective in water with no more than 3 ppm Iron
- Fits standard sized housings which require a 20 x 4.5 inch filter
- Long filter life of 45,000 gallons or up to 6 months
NOTE: It is recommended that a sediment pre-filter be installed to help extend the life of the iron and manganese reducing filter.
|Used In Brands||Tier1|
|Advertised Size (in)||20 x 4-1/2|
|Actual Size (in)||20 inches (length) x 4.5 inches (width) x 4.5 inches (height)|
|Media||Cation Exchange Resin|
|Filter Life (gallons)||45,000|
|Filter Life (months)||6 months|
|Operating Pressure (psi)||20 - 100|
|Operating Temperature (°F)||40 - 120|
|Flow Rate (gpm)||4.5|
|Warranty Guarantee||Tier1® Protect Every Drop Guarantee|
|Primary Filter Media||Ion Exchange Resin|
The TIER1-MANG-IRON reduces the following contaminants:
- Oxidized Iron
- Oxidized Manganese
- Turn off the water supply. Press the red pressure-relief button (if present).
- Unscrew housing. Remove large o-ring, wipe clean and set aside.
- Discard used filter cartridge. Wash housing with dish soap and warm water using a nonabrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly.
- Fill 1/3 with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of bleach and scrub to disinfect. Rinse thoroughly.
- Lubricate o-ring with clean silicone grease. Change o-ring if any damage cuts or degradation are present. Insert o-ring in groove.
- Insert the new filter cartridge.
- Screw housing onto the cap and hand-tighten. Do not overtighten. Make sure cap standpipe slips into cartridge.
- Turn on the water supply. Press the pressure-relief button (if present). Check for leaks before leaving installation.