Essential Series Tier1 48,000 Grain High Efficiency Digital Water Softener with Under Sink Reverse Osmosis System
Availability: Out of stock
- This kit ensures you have safe, great tasting water at every water outlet in your home!
- Reduces water hardness, scale, sediments, sand, rust, chlorine taste and odor, and much more!
- Installation of this kit is a breeze! The Tier1 Water Softener simply connects to your water's point of entry.
The 4-Stage Reverse Osmosis System by Tier1 is the complete package, using 4 stages to deliver up to 50 gallons of filtered water per day, the Tier1 RO-QC-450 is an ideal solution to your drinking water needs. The RO-QC-450 includes a sediment pre-filter (Stage 1), carbon block pre-filter (Stage 2), Reverse Osmosis membrane (Stage 3), and a carbon block post-filter (Stage 4). Tier1 reverse osmosis water filter systems are built for performance and priced for value. Distinctive style, ease of installation, ease of maintenance, and ease of use were in mind throughout the entire manufacturing process. The system includes a sleek designer air gap faucet in chrome color. Sediment and carbon filter changes are recommended every six months, depending on use and water quality. The reverse osmosis membrane lasts for up to three years, depending on use and water quality.
Order the 48,000 Grain Capacity Water Softener + 4-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System by Tier1 today!
Our Tier1 Water Softener
Mineral Tank Dimensions: 10" x 54" (without control valve)
Mineral Tank Dimensions: 10" x 61.5" (with control valve)
Brine Tank Dimensions: 15" x 34"
Cubic Feet of Resin in the Mineral Tank: 1.5 cubic feet of Cation Resin 8%
Control Valve: Manual Bypass Valve
Grains of Hardness
When a water softener is referring to 'grains' it's talking about how many grains of hardness it can process before regenerating. Grains of hardness processed depends on how large your household is, as well as how hard your water actually is.
For example, a family of 4 with 20 grains of hardness: Your family of 4 will use approx. 300 gallons of water per day (4 people x 75 gallons per person). Since the water has 20 grains of hardness, you'll need to treat 6,000 grains of hardness per day (300 X 20). You can go about 7-1/2 days before regenerating (45,000/6,000).
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is the Max. Hardness of the Water (in GPG)? During set-up, the customer customizes the regeneration cycle based on their water hardness level
How much is the max. Clear Water Iron Removal (ppm)? An iron filter is recommended for iron levels above 3ppm
Is it Demand Initiated or Timed? The WS-165-150 is demand initiated, the control valve features a water use probe (impeller), which measures water use
How long does the Regeneration Cycle take? Two hours
Will I experience a disruption in water service during the Regeneration Cycle? Yes, there will be a disruption to water service during this time. Most of our customers schedule the Regeneration Cycle for 2:00 AM, ensuring there are no conflicts. If a disruption in water service during the Regeneration Cycle is an issue, select the Tier1 Automatic Bypass Control Valve water softener!
How much salt do I use in the 100L square brine tank? We recommend using no more than three 40 pound bags of water softener salt
What is in the mineral tank? The system arrives to you pre-filled, ready for use with Cation Exchange Resin 8%
Does it have an indicator to notify me about low salt? No
What if my home is plumbed with PEX or CPVC supply tubing? Homes plumbed with PEX or CPVC supply tubing may require the use of compression fittings, such as the Sharkbite® brand. Due to varying sizes and configurations, compression fittings are not included with the water softener. If these fittings are required, they can be purchased for a reasonable price at most hardware stores.
|Used In Brands||Tier1|
|Actual Size (in)||79 x 27.75 x 22.75|
|Actual Size (cm)||200.66 x 65.532 x 57.785|
|Filter Life (months)||120 months|
|Fitting Size (inches)||3/4 inch|
|Includes||Mineral tank, brine tank, cation resin media, LCD display valve, 4 stage RO system|
|Primary Filter Media||Ion Exchange Resin|
The TIER1_WS_165_150_RO4 is comparable with the following part numbers
- Test Resin Tank - the tank will have a temporary shipping cap, a master O-Ring, and a piece of tape covering the riser tube. The cap, master O-Ring (another is supplied) and the tape must be removed and discarded prior to attaching the control valve and the upper distributor. This water softener includes regular control valve connections and a bypass valve connection; therefore, a set of installation components has been included for each method of installation. As such, following installation, the installer will be left with an “extra set” of installation components (animated connectors, brine line flow control, master O-Ring, washers).
- Read the installation guide provided above.
- Unpack the Tier1 48,000 grain softener and ensure all parts pictured and listed above are present. Rotate the shutoff valve at the main water line to the OFF position
- Shut off the power supply to the water heater – only if you will be draining the tank
- Open the highest and lowest water faucets in your home (drainage and pressure allowance)
- Ensure you are aware of local laws and codes regarding the installation, use, and maintenance of water softeners
- Begin assembly:
- See Manual for full assembly instructions in detail, includes pictures and parts checklist.
- For additional programming Instructions, watch our video guide below: