The Water Controller LCS-14 is a specialized, affordable water alarm and shut-off system that is battery operated and fitted with a quick-connector water ball valve. The Water Controller LCS-14 features 1/4-Inch Quick Connect plumbing connections and 4-1/2 feet cord that connects the sensor. The LCS14 Leak Controller has the ability to connect as many sensors as needed to a single controller. The LCS-14 is a leak controller for Reverse Osmosis Systems, Water Coolers, Refrigerators, icemakers and Coffee Machines. The LCS 14 Leak Controller is a great way to control costly leaks. The Leak Controller LCS-14 will engage the shut-off valve and sound the alarm upon sensing moisture. The water source is cut off, stopping the leak, while the alarm continues to sound until the valve is manually reset. By preventing continuous water flow, mold and property damage is restricted and user liability is reduced. The LCS-14 Leak Controller features LeakLogic RISC based management which is state of the art microchip technology for sensitive controls, operation verification and long battery life. The Leak Controller LCS-14 comes with a built-in filter change reminder. Set it to beep and flash after 6, 12 or 18 months, when it is time for a filter change or scheduled maintenance. The LCS-14 Leak Controller is designed for simple installation, operation, and maintenance. A water leak detection system can be an invaluable addition to any home or office. These 'active' leak detectors are well worth the cost as there is a good chance you will not be home to hear an alarm if you have a leak. They are also very beneficial in vacation homes or properties where you are away for long periods of time. The LCS-14 package includes: Main Leak Controller module with attached 4-1/2 foot sensor cable, 4 AA size alkaline batteries, Metal Wall Mount Plate with 2 number 8 mounting screws, Sensor and 1 Sensor Mat. How does the LCS-14 Leak Controller work? The Leak Controller sends a pulse every second through the two stainless steel probes on the bottom of the sensor and measures the resistance of the probes. in the event of a leak, the resistance across the probes drops, and the Leak Controller detects this and shuts off the water supply and sounds an alarm.
- Connect only to the cold water supply. Sensors cannot have anything placed on top of them. The controller should be installed as far upstream as possible from the device you will be protecting, such as under the kitchen sink or behind an appliance
- If you are going to cut an existing plumbing line, allow 3/4-inch of extra tubing on each side of the controller valve for a proper seal. Install on a clean, flat wall surface that is close and parallel to the water source to which you will be connecting
- Attach the Metal Wall Mount Plate with included screws. The controller should be flush against the wall, stationary, and able to be connected to your piping. The valve is not directionally sensitive; insert the incoming and outgoing tubes on either side
- It is important to install the sensor on a clean, flat surface. The metal side of the sensor should always remain facing down. Use sensor mat to increase the area where water is drawn to the sensor. Additional sensors may be added to your system
- Once installed, test the product: 1) You can insert a coin into the slots located on the top of the sensor and wait for the valve to close. 2) You can wet the bottom of the sensor probes with your finger, a sponge, towel etc.
- If everything is working correctly, it should beep 4 times, flash the LED, and close the valve. If not, change the batteries and retest. If test continues to fail, check sensor connections to make sure they are connected to the probes and circuit board
- If the unit is beeping, there are 3 possible causes: You have either had a leak, the batteries are low, or it has not been tested for two years
- Use an absorbent towel (provided) to sense small leaks. We recommend using multiple sensors in series connected to one Leak Controller. There is no limit to the number of sensors that can be attached to one Leak Controller
- To ensure the sensor remains flat, use a clip (nonmetal) that has double-sided tape on the bottom that you can slip the sensor wire through
- See User Manual for complete installation instruction and the LCS Series Service Reminder Set and Clear. Max life expectancy is 5 years. We recommend changing the batteries every 2 years