This GE SmartWater MXRC Filter reduces chlorine taste and odor, sediment, lead, cysts, and turbidity in your drinking water & ice. The GE MXRC SmartWater refrigerator filter also retains beneficial fluoride. The GE SmartWater MXRC Replacement Filter Cartridge fits GE, Hotpoint, and Kenmore refrigerators with a round metal canister filter. The GE MXRC water filter is NSF certified to ensure consumers they are drinking clean, safe water.
- Twist the old filter a half-turn counterclockwise
- Pull the filter straight down and discard (don't worry, the water will shut off automatically)
- Fill the new filter with water (you can use the cold water faucet on your kitchen sink)
- Push the new filter up into the fridge until it stops
- Twist the filter a half-turn clockwise
- Reset your 'change filter' light (if your fridge has one)
- Press and hold the reset water filter button on the dispenser for 3 seconds