Pentek R50-BB Pleated Polyester Water Filters (9-3/4-inch x 4-1/2-inch)
Availability: In stock
Fits most stand housings built for 10-inch x 4.5-inch filter cartridges
Choose a quantity
1 Filter $18.99
3 Filters Price $17.87 each
6 Filters Price $17.09 each
- High quality, great value replacement filter
- Filters particles down to 50 microns in size
- Easy installation and filter exchanges within minutes
- Provides fresh, cleaner tasting water throughout your home
Pentek R50-BB water filters produce healthier, better-tasting drinking water. The Pentek R50-BB filter cartridge pleated design maximizes dirt-holding capacity. This water filter is versatile and reusable, allowing for a variety of uses. The Pentek R50-BB sediment water filter is manufactured from a durable, non-woven and reusable polyester fabric that is suitable for a wide range of filtration uses. The Pentek R50-BB water filter media is pleated around a polypropylene core for added strength and the ends are immersed in a thermosetting vinyl plastisol. Embedding and sealing each end of the pleat in this fashion fuses the three components together forming a united end cap to gasket unit. The overlap seam is welded to reduce internal bypass improving filtration efficiency. R Series filter cartridges are resistant to both bacteria and chemical attack making them suitable for a variety of residential, commercial and industrial applications. The R50-BB filter can be used on chlorinated or non-chlorinated water supplies.
The Pentek R50-BB uses pleated filter design to maximize contaminant exposure to filter media. More time along the media allows for higher capture and retention of unwanted contaminants. This also allows for greater amounts of larger particles of sediment and sand to collect within the pleats of the filter. This pleated design enhances structural stability and helps increase the performance of the filter.
The 10 X 4.5 Pentek R50-BB pleated polyester replacement filter is built to fit 10-inch x 4.5-inch filter housings. This standard sizing allows this filter to easily replace existing styles of whole house filters for housings requiring 10 x 4.5 inch filters. The R50-BB goes to work immediately providing cleaner, fresher water for up to six months. Enjoy cleaner better water with your whole house replacement filter today.
NOTE: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.
For more information please see the related tabs and read the Pentek R50-BB User Guide
|Used In Brands||Pentek|
|Advertised Size (in)||10 x 4-1/2|
|Actual Size (in)||9 3/4 inches (length) x 4 1/2 inches (outside diameter)|
|Actual Size (cm)||24.77 x 11.43|
|Primary Filter Media||Pleated Polyester|
|Materials of Construction||Core: Polypropylene, End Caps: Vinyl Plastisol|
|Filter Life (months)||6 months|
|Micron Rating (Nominal)||50|
|Operating Temperature (°F)||40 - 125|
|Operating Temperature (°C)||4.4 - 51.7|
|Flow Rate (gpm)||10|
|Flow Rate (lpm)||37.854|
|Includes||One 9.75 x 4.5 Inch Pentek R50-BB Pleated Polyester Water Filter|
|Primary Filter Media||Pleated Polyester|
Reduces the following contaminants:
- Rust and Corrosion
The PENTEK-R50-BB is comparable with the following part numbers
- Turn off water supply. Press red pressure-relief button (if present).
- Unscrew housing. Remove large o-ring, wipe clean and set aside.
- Discard used filter cartridge. Wash housing with dish soap and warm water using a nonabrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly.
- Fill 1/3 with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of bleach and scrub to disinfect. Rinse thoroughly.
- Lubricate o-ring with clean silicone grease. Change o-ring if any damage cuts or degradation are present. Insert o-ring in groove.
- NOTE: This step is important to ensure a proper housing seal. Make certain the o-ring is seated level in the groove.
- Insert new filter cartridge.
- Screw housing onto the cap and hand-tighten. Do not over tighten. Make sure cap standpipe slips into cartridge.
- Turn on water supply. Press pressure-relief button (if present). Check for leaks before leaving installation.