Pentek DGD-5005 Sediment Water Filters (10-inch x 4.5-inch)
Fits most standard housings built for 10-inch x 4.5-inch filter cartridges
Choose a quantity
1 Filter $13.99
3 Filters Price $13.16 each
6 Filters Price $12.59 each
- Cartridge has a 50 micron fine sediment prefilter layer and a 5 micron extra fine sediment postfilter layer
- Gradient density layers improve overall cartridge performance
- Pentek DGD-5005 filter cartridge reduces extra fine dirt, sand, sediment, silt, rust particles, and scale particles
- Greater contaminant holding capacity than similarly sized water filter cartridges
The Pentek DGD-5005 water filter has two separate gradient density layers that enhance cartridge performance. The Pentek DGD-5005 outermost layer (prefilter) reduces the particle load to the inner layer (postfilter), allowing for higher contaminant holding capacity and greater flow rate. The Pentek DGD-5005 filter cartridge has a 50 micron fine sediment prefilter layer and a 5 micron extra fine sediment postfilter layer. The effective DGD-5005 filter depth is increased to a full 233% of standard spun-polypropylene or string-wound filters. This increased depth provides for very high particulate reduction efficiencies and added loading capacity.
The Pentek DGD-5005 water filter reduces the need for multiple housing step-down filtration systems. This filter cartridge reduces extra fine dirt, sand, sediment, silt, rust particles, and scale particles. The Pentek DGD-5005 water filter is constructed from pure polypropylene making it resistant to bacterial growth, chemicals, and corrosion. This material was used to ensure the replacement filter is designed for purity, bacteria resistance, and chemical resistance. The Pentek DGD-5005 water filter cartridge will not add taste, odor, or color to the liquid being filtered. The Pentek DGD-5005 water filter has three times the dirt-holding capacity of similar sized sediment cartridges and is ideal for all residential, rural, commercial, industrial, and municipal applications.
Polypropylene media inhibits bacterial growth making it an ideal option for both municipal and well water applications. These filters are effective at capturing contaminants such as sand, sediment, silt, and more. Unlike carbon filter cartridges you wont have to worry about small carbon fines potentially spilling into your water, while still enjoying the benefits of filtered water throughout your home. Polypropylene filters are great for whole house water filtration and can be used as effective pre-filters for whole house or point of use systems.
For more spec information please read the Pentek DGD-5005 User Guide
|Used In Brands||Pentek|
|Advertised Size (in)||10 x 4-1/2|
|Actual Size (in)||10 inches (length) x 4 1/2 inches (outside diameter)|
|Actual Size (cm)||25.4 x 11.43|
|Media||Spun Wound Polypropylene|
|Primary Filter Media||Polypropylene|
|Filter Life (months)||6 months|
|Micron Rating (Nominal)||5|
|Operating Temperature (°F)||40 - 145|
|Operating Temperature (°C)||4.4 - 62.8|
|Flow Rate (gpm)||10|
|Flow Rate (lpm)||37.854|
|Certifications||NSF/ANSI Standard 42|
|Includes||One Dual Density Pentek DGD-5005 Sediment Water Filter|
|Primary Filter Media||Polypropylene|
The PENTEK-DGD-5005 reduces the following contaminants:
- Extra Fine Sand
- Fine Sand
- Rust and Corrosion
The PENTEK-DGD-5005 is comparable with the following part numbers
- Turn off water supply. Press red pressure-relief button (if present).
- Unscrew housing. Remove large o-ring, wipe clean and set aside.
- Discard used filter cartridge. Wash housing with dish soap and warm water using a nonabrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly.
- Fill 1/3 with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of bleach and scrub to disinfect. Rinse thoroughly.
- Lubricate o-ring with clean silicone grease. Change o-ring if any damage cuts or degradation are present. Insert o-ring in groove.
- NOTE: This step is important to ensure a proper housing seal. Make certain the o-ring is seated level in the groove.
- Insert new filter cartridge.
- Screw housing onto the cap and hand-tighten. Do not over tighten. Make sure cap standpipe slips into cartridge.
- Turn on water supply. Press pressure-relief button (if present). Check for leaks before leaving installation.