Pentek EP-BB Carbon Block Water Filters (9-3/4-inch x 4-5/8-inch)
Availability: In stock
Fits most stand housings built for 10-inch x 4.5-inch filter cartridges
Choose a quantity
1 Filter $33.99
3 Filters Price $31.98 each
6 Filters Price $30.59 each
- High quality, great value replacement filter
- Filters contaminants down to 5 microns
- Provides great tasting drinking water in every glass
- Provides up to 22,000 gallons or 6 months of water filtration
Pentek EP-BB filters produce healthier, better-tasting drinking water. The Pentek EP-BB replacement filter features high dirt-holding capacity to maximize utilization of the carbon block. These water filters are highly effective at bad taste & odor and chlorine taste & odor reduction. The Pentek EP-BB water filter cartridges are versatile and combine the long life of carbon block filtration with the higher dirt-holding capacity of wound, carbon-impregnated paper cartridges.
Pentek EP-BB replacement cartridges are manufactured using a patented process. A high porosity design helps prevent the cartridge from plugging before its adsorption capacity is exhausted, maximizing the utilization of the carbon while maintaining low pressure drop. The Pentek EP-BB filter cartridges are protected by Endurawrap, a uniquely formulated polyolefin bilaminate prefilter, designed to significantly increase the useful life of the cartridge by trapping sediment that typically plugs carbon block cartridges. The Pentek EPBB filter cartridges are manufactured entirely from FDA-compliant materials making them an ideal choice for a wide range of residential, food service, commercial and industrial applications.
Carbon media, whether as granular activated carbon or as a carbon block functions as a fantastic water filtration media due to its incredibly high porosity. This high porosity maximizes the surface area contaminants are exposed to and ensures that contaminants have a great chance of being captured and reduced from your drinking water. Carbon filters are known for being effective at reducing the unpleasant taste and odors associated with city water chlorine treatment. If you are looking for better tasting water with excellent contaminant reduction try out a carbon filter today!
The 10 X 4.5 Pentek EP-BB carbon block replacement filter is built to fit 10-inch x 4.5-inch filter housings. This standard sizing allows this filter to easily replace existing styles of whole house filters for housings requiring this size filter. The EP-BB goes to work immediately providing cleaner, fresher water for up to six months or 22,000 gallons, depending on water quality and use. Enjoy cleaner better water with your whole house replacement filter today.
NOTE: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.
NOTE: Cartridges will contain a very small amount of carbon fines (very fine black powder) and a new cartridge after installation should be flushed with sufficient water to remove all traces of the fines from your water system before using the water. Each time you use your filtered water tap for drinking or cooking purposes it is recommended that you run (flush) the tap for at least 20 seconds prior to using water.
NOTE: Micron ratings based on 85% or greater removal of given particle size. The Pentek EP-BB carbon briquette drinking water filter cartridge is rated as a nominal 5 micron cartridge.
|Used In Brands||Ametek, Culligan, Pentek, US Filter|
|Advertised Size (in)||10 x 4-1/2|
|Actual Size (in)||9 3/4 inches (length) x 4 5/8 inches (outside diameter)|
|Actual Size (cm)||24.77 x 11.7475|
|Media||Bonded Powder-Activated Carbon|
|Primary Filter Media||Activated Carbon Block|
|Materials of Construction||Inner/Outer Wraps: Polyolefin, End Caps: Polypropylene, Netting: Polyethylene, Gaskets: Buna-N|
|Filter Life (gallons)||22,000|
|Filter Life (liters)||83,279.02|
|Filter Life (months)||6 months|
|Micron Rating (Nominal)||5|
|Operating Temperature (°F)||40 - 180|
|Operating Temperature (°C)||4.4 - 82.2|
|Flow Rate (gpm)||2|
|Flow Rate (lpm)||7.571|
|Includes||One 9-3/4 x 4-5/8-Inch Pentek EP-BB Carbon Block Water Filter|
|Primary Filter Media||Activated Carbon Block|
Reduces the following contaminants:
The PENTEK-EP-BB is comparable with the following part numbers
- Turn off water supply. Press red pressure-relief button (if present).
- Unscrew housing. Remove large o-ring, wipe clean and set aside.
- Discard used filter cartridge. Wash housing with dish soap and warm water using a nonabrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly.
- Fill 1/3 with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of bleach and scrub to disinfect. Rinse thoroughly.
- Lubricate o-ring with clean silicone grease. Change o-ring if any damage cuts or degradation are present. Insert o-ring in groove.
- NOTE: This step is important to ensure a proper housing seal. Make certain the o-ring is seated level in the groove.
- Insert new filter cartridge.
- Screw housing onto the cap and hand-tighten. Do not over tighten. Make sure cap standpipe slips into cartridge.
- Turn on water supply. Press pressure-relief button (if present). Check for leaks before leaving installation.