Pentek EPM-20BB Carbon Block Water Filter (20-inch x 4-5/8-inch)
Availability: In stock
Fits most stand housings built for 20-inch x 4.5 inch filter cartridges
Choose a quantity
1 Filter $52.99
3 Filters Price $49.86 each
6 Filters Price $47.69 each
- The Pentek EPM-20BB filter cartridge is a Nominal 10 micron Modified Epsilon Carbon-Briquette Water Filter
- Manufactured entirely from FDA-compliant materials
- Endurawrap design traps sediment to prevent plugging of carbon block media
- Economically priced drop-in cartridge provides quick and easy filter change
The Pentek EPM-20BB water filter has the highest carbon block dirt-holding capacity for maximum cartridge life (based on manufacturer's internal testing). The EPM-20BB filter reduces bad taste & odor and chlorine taste & odor reduction and has low pressure drop. Pentek EPM-20BB water filter cartridges are manufactured using a patented process that yields a cartridge with a nominal 10 micron filtration rating, high porosity and chlorine taste & odor reduction. The high porosity design helps prevent the cartridge from plugging before its adsorption capability is exhausted, maximizing the utilization of the carbon while maintaining low pressure drop.
The Pentek EPM-20BB filter cartridges are protected by Endurawrap, a uniquely formulated polyolefin bilaminate prefilter, designed to significantly increase the useful life of the cartridge by trapping sediment that typically plugs carbon block cartridges. This filter is manufactured entirely from FDA-compliant materials making it an ideal choice for a wide range of residential, food service, commercial and industrial applications.
Carbon media, whether as granular activated carbon or as a carbon block functions as a fantastic water filtration media due to its incredibly high porosity. This high porosity maximizes the surface area contaminants are exposed to and ensures that contaminants have a great chance of being captured and reduced from your drinking water. Carbon filters are known for being effective at reducing the unpleasant taste and odors associated with city water chlorine treatment. If you are looking for better tasting water with excellent contaminant reduction try out a carbon filter today!
NOTE: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.
NOTE: Cartridges will contain a very small amount of carbon fines (very fine black powder) and a new cartridge after installation should be flushed with sufficient water to remove all traces of the fines from your water system before using the water. Each time you use your filtered water tap for drinking or cooking purposes it is recommended that you run (flush) the tap for at least 20 seconds prior to using water.
NOTE: Performance capacity depends on system design, flow rate and certain other application conditions. The Pentek EPM-20BB cartridges are a modified version of the EP Series cartridge.
NOTE: When greater chlorine taste & odor reduction is needed, use the EP-20BB series water filters.
For more product information please visit the Specs tab and read the Pentek EPM-20BB User Guide
|Used In Brands||Pentek|
|Advertised Size (in)||20 x 4-1/2|
|Actual Size (in)||20 inches (length) x 4 5/8 inches (outside diameter)|
|Actual Size (cm)||50.8 x 11.7475|
|Media||Bonded Powder-Activated Carbon|
|Primary Filter Media||Activated Carbon Block|
|Materials of Construction||Outer Wrap: Polyolefin, End Caps: Polypropylene, Netting: Polyethylene, Gaskets: Buna-N|
|Filter Life (gallons)||30,000|
|Filter Life (liters)||113,562.30|
|Filter Life (months)||6 months|
|Micron Rating (Nominal)||10|
|Operating Temperature (°F)||40 - 180|
|Operating Temperature (°C)||4.4 - 82.2|
|Flow Rate (gpm)||4.00|
|Flow Rate (lpm)||15.14|
|Color||Blue / White|
|Includes||One Pentek EPM-20BB 20 x 4.5 inch Carbon Block Water Filter|
|Primary Filter Media||Granular Activated Carbon|
Reduces the following contaminants:
- Bad Taste and Odor
- Chlorine Taste & Odor
The PENTEK-EPM-20BB is comparable with the following part numbers
- Turn off water supply. Press red pressure-relief button (if present).
- Unscrew housing. Remove large o-ring, wipe clean and set aside.
- Discard used filter cartridge. Wash housing with dish soap and warm water using a nonabrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly.
- Fill 1/3 with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of bleach and scrub to disinfect. Rinse thoroughly.
- Lubricate o-ring with clean silicone grease. Change o-ring if any damage cuts or degradation are present. Insert o-ring in groove.
- NOTE: This step is important to ensure a proper housing seal. Make certain the o-ring is seated level in the groove.
- Insert new filter cartridge.
- Screw housing onto the cap and hand-tighten. Do not over tighten. Make sure cap standpipe slips into cartridge.
- Turn on water supply. Press pressure-relief button (if present). Check for leaks before leaving installation.