Pentek NCP-20BB Carbon Water Filters (20-inch x 4-1/2-inch)
Availability: In stock
Fits most stand housings built for 20-inch x 4.5 inch filter cartridges
Choose a quantity
1 Filter $42.99
3 Filters Price $40.45 each
6 Filters Price $38.69 each
- High quality, great value replacement filter
- Enhanced dirt holding capacity
- Reduces contaminants down to 10 microns
- Supports a flow rate of up to 10 gallons per minute (gpm)
The Pentek NCP20-BB filters produce healthier, better-tasting drinking water. The Pentek NCP-20BB water filter cartridge is made from a non-cellulose media blend, which unlike cellulose cartridges, is resistant to bacterial attack and allows the filter to be used for municipal and nonchlorinated water applications. The Pentek NCP-20BB replacement filter provides sediment filtration and chlorine taste & odor reduction. The NCP20-BB cartridges are excellent polishing filters, and are ideal for post-filtration reverse osmosis and well water applications. The Pentek NCP-20BB water filter is rated as a nominal 10 micron water filter.
The Pentek NCP-20BB filter cartridges are constructed from carbon-impregnated pleated polyester material for enhanced flow rate and contaminant reduction. The Pentek NCP-20BB water filters offer sediment filtration, as well as taste, odor and chlorine taste and odor reduction in one cartridge. The filter pleats provide additional surface area for high dirt-loading capacity, while maintaining minimal pressure drop. The combination of a pleated polyester media and carbon filtration produces an outstanding filter cartridge with extended service life. Polyethylene netting and a supportive polypropylene core help enhance the stability and strength of the cartridge.
The Pentek NCP20-BB uses pleated filter media to maximize contaminant exposure to the filter media. More time along the media allows for higher capture and retention of unwanted contaminants. This also allows for greater amounts of larger particles of sediment and sand to collect within the pleats of the filter. This pleated design and polypropylene core enhance the structural stability of the filter and help increase the performance. Pleated filters are capable of providing high quality filtration and increased flow rate potential.
NOTE: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.
For more information please see the related tabs above and read the Pentek NCP20-BB User Guide
|Used In Brands||Pentek|
|Advertised Size (in)||20 x 4-1/2|
|Actual Size (in)||20 inches (length) x 4 1/2 inches (outside diameter)|
|Actual Size (cm)||50.8 x 11.43|
|Media||Carbon Impregnated Pleated Polyester|
|Primary Filter Media||Carbon Wrapped|
|Materials of Construction||End Caps: Vinyl Plastisol, Netting: Polyethylene, Core: Polypropylene|
|Filter Life (gallons)||1,000|
|Filter Life (liters)||3,785.41|
|Filter Life (months)||6 months|
|Micron Rating (Nominal)||10|
|Operating Temperature (°F)||40 - 125|
|Operating Temperature (°C)||4.4 - 51.7|
|Flow Rate (gpm)||10.00|
|Flow Rate (lpm)||37.85|
|Includes||One 20 x 4.5 Inch Pentek NCP-20BB Carbon Water Filter|
|Primary Filter Media||Carbon Impregnated Pleated Polyester|
The PENTEK-NCP-20BB reduces the following contaminants:
- Bad Taste and Odor
- Chlorine Taste & Odor
- Fluoride NF
The PENTEK-NCP-20BB is comparable with the following part numbers
- Turn off water supply. Press red pressure-relief button (if present).
- Unscrew housing. Remove large o-ring, wipe clean and set aside.
- Discard used filter cartridge. Wash housing with dish soap and warm water using a nonabrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly.
- Fill 1/3 with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of bleach and scrub to disinfect. Rinse thoroughly.
- Lubricate o-ring with clean silicone grease. Change o-ring if any damage cuts or degradation are present. Insert o-ring in groove.
- NOTE: This step is important to ensure a proper housing seal. Make certain the o-ring is seated level in the groove.
- Insert new filter cartridge.
- Screw housing onto the cap and hand-tighten. Do not over tighten. Make sure cap standpipe slips into cartridge.
- Turn on water supply. Press pressure-relief button (if present). Check for leaks before leaving installation.