Pentek R30-BB Pleated Polyester Water Filter (9-3/4-inch x 4-1/2-inch)
Availability: In stock
Fits most stand housings built for 10-inch x 4.5-inch filter cartridges
Choose a quantity
1 Filter $20.99
3 Filters Price $19.75 each
6 Filters Price $18.89 each
- Simply rinse the filter clean to extend its life
- Reduces contaminants down to 30 microns in size
- Ideal for both municipal and or well water applications
- Filter is resistant to bacterial growth and chemical wear
Pentek R30-BB water filters produce healthier, better-tasting drinking water. R Series filter cartridges are resistant to both bacteria and chemical attack making them suitable for a variety of residential, commercial and industrial applications. Since the cartridge has durable polyester media that is bacteria and chemical resistant the R30-BB filter can be used on chlorinated or non-chlorinated water supplies. The Pentek R30-BB filter cartridge media is pleated to maximize dirt-holding capacity and extend the time period between changes or cleaning.
The Pentek R30-BB filter cartridge pleated design maximizes dirt-holding capacity. The Pentek R30-BB water filter is versatile and can be rinsed to extend the filter life. This filter is manufactured from a durable, non-woven and reusable polyester fabric that is suitable for a wide range of filtration uses. The Pentek R30-BB water filter media is pleated around a polypropylene core for added strength and the ends are immersed in a thermosetting vinyl plastisol. Embedding and sealing each end of the pleat in this fashion fuses the three components together forming a unitized end cap and gasket. The overlap seam is sonically welded to reduce internal bypass improving filtration efficiency.
The Pentek R30-BB uses a pleated filter design to maximize contaminant exposure to filter media. More time along the media allows for higher capture and retention of unwanted contaminants. This also allows for greater amounts of larger particles such as sediment and sand to collect within the pleats of the filter. This pleated design enhances structural stability and helps increase the performance of the filter. Pleats can be rinsed to increase the life of the filter. When staining, scratching, or obvious wear can be noticed the filter must be replaced.
NOTE: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.
For more information please see the related tabs above and read the Pentek R30-BB User Guide
|Used In Brands||Pentek|
|Advertised Size (in)||10 x 4-1/2|
|Actual Size (in)||9 3/4 inches (length) x 4 1/2 inches (outside diameter)|
|Actual Size (cm)||24.77 x 11.43|
|Primary Filter Media||Pleated Polyester|
|Materials of Construction||Core: Polypropylene, End Caps: Vinyl Plastisol, Filter Media: Non-Woven Polyester|
|Filter Life (months)||6 months|
|Micron Rating (Nominal)||30|
|Operating Temperature (°F)||40 - 125|
|Operating Temperature (°C)||4.4 - 51.7|
|Flow Rate (gpm)||10|
|Flow Rate (lpm)||37.854|
|Certifications||NSF/ANSI Standard 42|
|Includes||One 9-3/4 x 4-1/2 Inch Pentek R30-BB Pleated Polyester Water Filter|
|Primary Filter Media||Pleated Polyester|
The PENTEK-R30-BB is comparable with the following part numbers
- Turn off water supply. Press red pressure-relief button (if present).
- Unscrew housing. Remove large o-ring, wipe clean and set aside.
- Discard used filter cartridge. Wash housing with dish soap and warm water using a nonabrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly. Fill 1/3 with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of bleach and scrub to disinfect. Rinse thoroughly.
- Fill 1/3 with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of bleach and scrub to disinfect. Rinse thoroughly.
- Lubricate o-ring with clean silicone grease. Change o-ring if any damage cuts or degradation are present. Insert o-ring in groove.
- NOTE: This step is important to ensure a proper housing seal. Make certain the o-ring is seated level in the groove.
- Insert new filter cartridge.
- Screw housing onto the cap and hand-tighten. Do not over tighten. Make sure cap standpipe slips into cartridge.
- Turn on water supply. Press pressure-relief button (if present). Check for leaks before leaving installation.