Pentek RFC-20BB Radial Flow Water Filters (20-inch x 4.5-inch)
Availability: In Stock
Fits most stand housings built for 20-inch x 4.5-inch filter cartridges
Choose a quantity
1 Filter $66.99
3 Filters Price $63.03 each
6 Filters Price $60.29 each
- Provides chlorine taste and odor reduction for better tasting water in every glass
- Nominal 25 micron radial flow carbon water filter cartridge
- The Pentek RFC-20BB filter cartridge has a unique design that reduces carbon fines in filtered water
- Polypropylene core and end caps inhibit the growth of bacteria on the filter
Pentek RFC-20BB radial flow carbon water filters produce healthier, better-tasting drinking water. The Pentek RFC-20BB water filter provides effective chlorine taste & odor reduction. The Pentek RFC20-BB water filters are constructed with a 25 micron porous polyethylene outer shell and durable polypropylene end caps. The 4-1/2-inch outside diameter cartridge incorporates a spun polypropylene core. Sandwiched between the outer shell and the core is a bed of granular activated carbon (GAC). The unique radial flow design offers the benefits of granular activated carbon (GAC) filtration, such as low pressure drop, while at the same time significantly reducing the release of carbon fines commonly associated with GAC style cartridges.
The Pentek RFC-20BB water filter cartridges are ideal for point-of-entry (POE) and other high flow rate applications. High flow rate allows this cartridge to meet the demanding needs of modern homes. With a long filter life this filter can deliver great tasting water to every faucet in your home for up to 100,000 gallons or 6 months. When a filter exchange is necessary simply remove it from the filter housing and replace the existing cartridge. No need to hassle with large whole house tank systems and additional plumbing.
Carbon media, whether as granular activated carbon or as a carbon block functions as a fantastic water filtration media due to its incredibly high porosity. This high porosity maximizes the surface area contaminants are exposed to and ensures that contaminants have a great chance of being captured and reduced from your drinking water. Carbon filters are known for being effective at reducing the unpleasant taste and odors associated with city water chlorine treatment. If you are looking for better tasting water with excellent contaminant reduction try out a carbon filter today!
NOTE: The granular activated carbon cartridges will contain a very small amount of carbon fines (very fine black powder). After installation, a new cartridge should be flushed with sufficient water to remove all traces of the fines from your water system before use. Each time you use your filtered water for drinking or cooking purposes it is recommended that you run (flush) the tap for at least 20 seconds prior to using water. This is particularly important if the water tap has not been used daily.
NOTE: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.
For item spec information please read the Pentek RFC20-BB User Guide
|Used In Brands||Ametek, Culligan, Pentek, US Filter|
|Advertised Size (in)||20 x 4-1/2|
|Actual Size (in)||20 inches (Length) x 4-1/2 inches (Outside Diameter)|
|Actual Size (cm)||50.8 x 11.43|
|Primary Filter Media||Granular Activated Carbon|
|Materials of Construction||Inner Wraps/Core: Polypropylene, End Caps: Polypropylene, Gasket: Buna-N, Outer Shell: Polyethylene|
|Filter Life (gallons)||100,000|
|Filter Life (liters)||378,541.18|
|Filter Life (months)||6 months|
|Micron Rating (Nominal)||25|
|Operating Temperature (°F)||40 - 125|
|Operating Temperature (°C)||4.4 - 51.7|
|Flow Rate (gpm)||4|
|Flow Rate (lpm)||15.142|
|Certifications||NSF/ANSI Standard 42|
|Includes||One 25 Micron RFC20-BB Prentek Carbon Filter Cartridge|
|Primary Filter Media||Granular Activated Carbon|
The PENTEK-RFC20-BB reduces the following contaminants:
- Chlorine Taste & Odor
The PENTEK-RFC20-BB is comparable with the following part numbers
- Turn off water supply. Press red pressure-relief button (if present).
- Unscrew housing. Remove large o-ring, wipe clean and set aside.
- Discard used filter cartridge. Wash housing with dish soap and warm water using a nonabrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly.
- Fill 1/3 with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of bleach and scrub to disinfect. Rinse thoroughly.
- Lubricate o-ring with clean silicone grease. Change o-ring if any damage cuts or degradation are present. Insert o-ring in groove.
- NOTE: This step is important to ensure a proper housing seal. Make certain the o-ring is seated level in the groove.
- Insert new filter cartridge.
- Screw housing onto the cap and hand-tighten. Do not over tighten. Make sure cap standpipe slips into cartridge.
- Turn on water supply. Press pressure-relief button (if present). Check for leaks before leaving installation.