Pentek WP5 String-Wound Water Filters (9-7/8-inch x 2-1/4-inch)
1 Filter $10.99
3 Filters Price $10.34 each
6 Filters Price $9.89 each
- Ships fast!
- Ideal for municipal and well water applications
- Reduces contaminants down to 5 microns in size
- Sized perfectly for excellent under sink or point-of-use
The Pentek WP-5 water filter's string-wound design reduces fine sediment from a variety of fluids. The Pentek WP-5 water filter withstands temperatures up to 165 F (73.9 C). Pentek WP-5 sediment filter cartridges are manufactured from a durable polypropylene cord that is wound around a rigid polypropylene core. They are an economical solution to reduce fine sediment, including sand, silt, rust and scale particles. The WP5 water filter cartridges are wound in a precise pattern around the core providing greater surface area. The result is higher dirt-loading capacity and greater efficiency than standard wound cartridges like the CW Series. Nominal 5 micron Pentek WP5 polypropylene wound water filter cartridge. The WP-5 cartridges are suitable for a wide variety of sediment filtration applications, including municipal and well water as well as many industrial fluids.
Polypropylene constructed filters inhibit bacterial growth making them an ideal option for both municipal and well water applications. These filters are effective at capturing contaminants such as sand, sediment, silt, and more. Unlike carbon filter cartridges you wont have to worry about small carbon fines potentially spilling into your water, while still enjoying the benefits of filtered water throughout your home. Polypropylene filters are great for whole house water filtration and can be used as effective pre-filters for whole house or point of use systems.
The 10 X 2.5 inch Pentek WP-5 string wound polypropylene replacement filter is built to fit 10-inch x 2.5-inch filter housings. This standard sizing allows this filter to easily replace existing styles of whole house filters for housings requiring 10 x 2.5 inch filters. The WP-5 goes to work immediately providing cleaner, fresher water for up to six months. Enjoy cleaner better water with your whole house replacement filter today.
NOTE: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.
For more information please see the related tabs above and read the Pentek WP-5 User Guide
|Used In Brands||American Plumber, Ametek, Bruner, Culligan, Kleen-Plus, Pentair, Pentek, Plymouth Products, US Filter|
|Advertised Size (in)||10 x 2-1/2|
|Actual Size (in)||9 7/8 inches (length) x 2 1/4 inches (outside diameter)|
|Actual Size (cm)||25.08 x 5.715|
|Media||String Wound Polypropylene|
|Primary Filter Media||Polypropylene|
|Filter Life (months)||6 months|
|Micron Rating (Nominal)||5|
|Operating Temperature (°F)||40 - 165|
|Operating Temperature (°C)||4.4 - 73.9|
|Flow Rate (gpm)||10.00|
|Flow Rate (lpm)||37.85|
|Includes||One 9-7/8 x 2-1/4 Inch Pentek WP5 String-Wound Water Filter|
|Primary Filter Media||String-Wound Polypropylene|
The PENTEK-WP-5 reduces the following contaminants:
- Rust and Corrosion
The PENTEK-WP-5 is comparable with the following part numbers
- Turn off water supply. Press red pressure-relief button (if present).
- Unscrew housing. Remove large o-ring, wipe clean and set aside.
- Discard used filter cartridge. Wash housing with dish soap and warm water using a nonabrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly.
- Fill 1/3 with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of bleach and scrub to disinfect. Rinse thoroughly.
- Lubricate o-ring with clean silicone grease. Change o-ring if any damage cuts or degradation are present. Insert o-ring in groove.
- Insert new filter cartridge.
- Screw housing onto the cap and hand-tighten. Do not over tighten. Make sure cap standpipe slips into cartridge.
- Turn on water supply. Press pressure-relief button (if present). Check for leaks before leaving installation.