Pro Chemicals RK41N Res Care is a specially formulated liquid resin cleaner designed to clean resin pores of iron, manganese, silt, metal particles and organic compounds that cause softener inefficiencies. Regular use of Pro Products RK41N Resin Cleaner will restore the softener resin back to peak efficiency and maintain the life of the unit. For best results use Res Care Automatic Feeder or manually add during regeneration to prevent mineral build up. Res Care is a more aggressive cleaner compared to Softener Mate.
- First Application: Pour 4 oz. (1/2 cup) of Pro Res Care per cu. ft. directly into brine well (for softeners with no brine well, pour directly into salt tank when salt is low)
- Manually regenerate softener
- Repeat regeneration if taste, odor, or discoloration is detected in discharge
- Then, turn on the faucet nearest the softener, that has cold, soft water and run until the odor or taste is gone
- Preventative Maintenance: Add 1/2 oz. (1 Tbsp.) per cu. ft. to brine well before each regeneration
- Automatic Feeder Systems: Follow recommended dosage and feed rates specified by manufacturer or supplier. Store in unopened containers, under cool, dry, conditions