Pentek DGD-5005-20 Sediment Water Filters (20-inch x 4.5-inch)
1 Filter $23.99
3 Filters Price $22.57 each
6 Filters Price $21.59 each
- Ships fast!
- Supports a flow rate of up to 20 gallons per minute (gpm)
- Reduces extra fine dirt, sand, sediment, silt, rust particles, and scale particles
- Contains two separate gradient density layers that enhance cartridge performance
The Pentek DGD-5005-20 water filters reduce the need for multiple housing step-down filtration systems. The Pentek DGD-5005-20 water filters are made from pure polypropylene construction and as a result are resistant to chemicals and corrosion. The Pentek DGD-5005-20 replacement filters are designed for water purity and bacteria and chemical resistance. This cartridge will not add taste, odor, or color to the liquid being filtered. The Pentek DGD-5005-20 water filter is ideal for all residential, rural, commercial, industrial, and municipal applications.
The Pentek DGD-5005-20 prefilter (outer density layer) reduces the particle load to the postfilter (inner layer), allowing it to operate at higher velocities and offer higher flow rate. By having a gradual micron refinement, contaminants can be sifted out as water permeates the media, instead of combating all the larger particles on the outer layer, this allows for higher flow and greater holding capacity. The effective DGD-5005-20 filter depth is increased to a full 233% of standard spun-polypropylene or string-wound filters. This increased depth provides for very high particulate reduction efficiencies and added loading capacity.
Polypropylene media inhibits bacterial growth making it an ideal option for both municipal and well water applications. These filters are effective at capturing contaminants such as sand, sediment, silt, and more. Unlike carbon filter cartridges you wont have to worry about small carbon fines potentially spilling into your water, while still enjoying the benefits of filtered water throughout your home. Polypropylene filters are great for whole house water filtration and can be used as effective pre-filters for whole house or point of use systems.
For more spec information please read the Pentek DGD-5005-20 User Guide
|Used In Brands||Pentek|
|Advertised Size (in)||20 x 4-1/2|
|Actual Size (in)||19.75 inches (length) x 4.25 inches (outside diameter)|
|Actual Size (cm)||50.8 x 11.43|
|Media||Spun Wound Polypropylene|
|Primary Filter Media||Polypropylene|
|Filter Life (months)||6 months|
|Micron Rating (Nominal)||5|
|Operating Temperature (°F)||40 - 145|
|Operating Temperature (°C)||4.4 - 62.8|
|Flow Rate (gpm)||20|
|Flow Rate (lpm)||75.708|
|Materials of Construction||Spun Wound Polypropylene|
|Certifications||NSF/ANSI Standard 42|
|Includes||One Dual Gradient Density Pentek DGD-5005-20 Sediment Water Filter|
|Primary Filter Media||Polypropylene|
The PENTEK-DGD-5005-20 reduces the following contaminants:
- Rust and Corrosion
The PENTEK-DGD-5005-20 is comparable with the following part numbers
- Turn off water supply. Press red pressure-relief button (if present).
- Unscrew housing. Remove large o-ring, wipe clean and set aside.
- Discard used filter cartridge. Wash housing with dish soap and warm water using a nonabrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly.
- Fill 1/3 with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of bleach and scrub to disinfect. Rinse thoroughly.
- Lubricate o-ring with clean silicone grease. Change o-ring if any damage cuts or degradation are present. Insert o-ring in groove.
- NOTE: This step is important to ensure a proper housing seal. Make certain the o-ring is seated level in the groove.
- Insert new filter cartridge.
- Screw housing onto the cap and hand-tighten. Do not over tighten. Make sure cap standpipe slips into cartridge.
- Turn on water supply. Press pressure-relief button (if present). Check for leaks before leaving installation.