Essential Series Tier1 48,000 Grain High Efficiency Digital Water Softener
- High quality at the best value
- Resin tank loaded with ion exchange resin
- Includes brine safety valve for added overflow protection
- Fully adjustable cycles allow for the most efficient operation
Our Tier1 Essential Series Softener
Mineral Tank Dimensions: 10" x 54" (without control valve)
Mineral Tank Dimensions: 10" x 61.5" (with control valve)
Brine Tank Dimensions: 15" x 42"
Cubic Feet of Resin in the Mineral Tank: 1.5 cubic feet of Cation Resin 8%
Control Valve: Manual Bypass Valve
Grains of Hardness
When a water softener is referring to 'grains' it's talking about how many grains of hardness it can process before regenerating. Grains of hardness processed depends on how large your household is, as well as how hard your water actually is.
For example, a family of 4 with 20 grains of hardness: Your family of 4 will use approx. 300 gallons of water per day (4 people x 75 gallons per person). Since the water has 20 grains of hardness, you'll need to treat 6,000 grains of hardness per day (300 X 20). You can go about 7-1/2 days before regenerating (45,000/6,000).
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is the Max. Hardness of the Water (in GPG)? During set-up, the customer customizes the regeneration cycle based on their water hardness level
How much is the max. Clear Water Iron Removal (ppm)? An iron filter is recommended for iron levels above 3ppm
Is it Demand Initiated or Timed? The WS-165-150 is demand initiated, the control valve features a water use probe (impeller), which measures water use
How long does the Regeneration Cycle take? Two hours
Will I experience a disruption in water service during the Regeneration Cycle? Yes, there will be a disruption to water service during this time. Most of our customers schedule the Regeneration Cycle for 2:00 AM, ensuring there are no conflicts. If a disruption in water service during the Regeneration Cycle is an issue, select the Tier1 Automatic Bypass Control Valve water softener!
How much salt do I use in the 100L square brine tank? We recommend using no more than three 40 pound bags of water softener salt
What is in the mineral tank? The system arrives to you pre-filled, ready for use with Cation Exchange Resin 8%
Does it have an indicator to notify me about low salt? No
What if my home is plumbed with PEX or CPVC supply tubing? Homes plumbed with PEX or CPVC supply tubing may require the use of compression fittings, such as the Sharkbite® brand. Due to varying sizes and configurations, compression fittings are not included with the water softener. If these fittings are required, they can be purchased for a reasonable price at most hardware stores.
|Primary Contaminants||Hardness and Scale, Calcium, Manganese, and Magnesium|
|Used In Brands||Tier1|
|Primary Filter Media||Ion Exchange Resin|
|Filter Life (months)||120 months|
|Operating Pressure (psi)||20 - 125|
|Operating Temperature (°F)||40 - 100|
|Flow Rate (gpm)||11.2|
|Fitting Size (inches)||3/4 inch|
|Tank Dimensions||10 x 54 inches|
|Includes||Mineral tank, brine tank, cation resin media, LCD display valve|
|Primary Filter Media||Ion Exchange Resin|
- Test Resin Tank - the tank will have a temporary shipping cap, a master O-Ring, and a piece of tape covering the riser tube. The cap, master O-Ring (another is supplied) and the tape must be removed and discarded prior to attaching the control valve and the upper distributor. This water softener includes regular control valve connections and a bypass valve connection; therefore, a set of installation components has been included for each method of installation. As such, following installation, the installer will be left with an “extra set” of installation components (animated connectors, brine line flow control, master O-Ring, washers).
- Read the installation guide provided above.
- Unpack the Tier1 Essential Series WS-165-150 and ensure all parts pictured and listed above are present. Rotate the shutoff valve at the main water line to the OFF position
- Shut off the power supply to the water heater – only if you will be draining the tank
- Open the highest and lowest water faucets in your home (drainage and pressure allowance)
- Ensure you are aware of local laws and codes regarding the installation, use, and maintenance of water softeners
- Begin assembly:
- See Manual for full assembly instructions in detail, includes pictures and parts checklist.
- For additional programming Instructions, watch our video guide below: